Fish showing signs of flukes while in copper!

Sakosreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I need help! I have 6 fish in a 40cub qt, tested for ammonia yesterday and it’s at .25. I got a 180 and am fallowing the tank currently and I’m a bit crammed for space so I had to qt inhabitants together it will soon take 2 of the fish out of the 40 and put them in a 75 for the remainder of qt. (My 75 is currently housing coral while the 180 cycles). I’ve had my fish in 2.25 copper for a full day as I’ve been raising the copper level slowly they’ve in total been in water with 1.0+copper for about 4 days. My fish had ich so I was forced to to start my qt with copper and didn’t get to dose prazi, my fish now are flashing and twitching as well as pooping white stringy worms in assuming. How do I solve this problem as I can’t mix medications with copper? Do I dip the fish that are flashing? Noticed my angel is trying to scratch its gills. I feel bad for the fish, do I leave them in copper for 30 days then treat for flukes and internal parasites? Please leave your suggestions I don’t want to lose my pets.

Corals.com

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can surely mix Prazipro with Copper power. As for the water string poop I would feed Focus+GC (General cure) mixed with frozen food.

phatduckk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per @Humblefish

You can technically mix General Cure or Prazipro with copper, but only General Cure can be safely combined with Chloroquine. The risk associated with combining medications is a bacterial bloom (cloudy water) which can starve oxygen out of the water. To alleviate this risk, always point a powerhead towards the surface of the water or run an air stone on high whenever mixing medications.

source

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back