Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mods - apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I'm having to breakdown my tank and I'm curious what folks would price fish at for local sale. I'm trying to decide if it's better to just sell it all for a flat fee to a LFS. Here is the list. I'll probably do this same exercise with corals at some point. Thank you all.

Majestic angel
Blond naso tang
White tail tang
Purple tang
Pair of Wyoming clowns
Pair pj cardinals
Pair Banggai cardinals
Ruby faced wrasse
Fox face
Coral beauty

AS

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods - apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I'm having to breakdown my tank and I'm curious what folks would price fish at for local sale. I'm trying to decide if it's better to just sell it all for a flat fee to a LFS. Here is the list. I'll probably do this same exercise with corals at some point. Thank you all.

Majestic angel
Blond naso tang
White tail tang
Purple tang
Pair of Wyoming clowns
Pair pj cardinals
Pair Banggai cardinals
Ruby faced wrasse
Fox face
Coral beauty
Eh I sold to my LFS and they gave me 50% store credit of half the sale price. My other one doesnt pay for fish, they just take surrenders. Might not be the case for you though depending where you live. Ive seen a lot of people sell their fish on ebay or facebook market place if they dont want to deal with shipping. You honestly might get more money that way, especially for the purple, clowns, majestic angel, and white tail tang. Those prices are highhhh. I bet if you listed them a little below what they sell for (in their size since bigger increases value) you would get some instant messages!! And being willing to negotiate would help too. Youve got some very sought after fish that a lot of people want!!

OP
OP
bevo5

bevo5

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Eh I sold to my LFS and they gave me 50% store credit of half the sale price. My other one doesnt pay for fish, they just take surrenders. Might not be the case for you though depending where you live. Ive seen a lot of people sell their fish on ebay or facebook market place if they dont want to deal with shipping. You honestly might get more money that way, especially for the purple, clowns, majestic angel, and white tail tang. Those prices are highhhh. I bet if you listed them a little below what they sell for (in their size since bigger increases value) you would get some instant messages!! And being willing to negotiate would help too. Youve got some very sought after fish that a lot of people want!!

Thank you for the response. Yeah I love these guys and they’re all qt’d and eat great. trying to figure out what I’d even try to sell then for. That’s the hard part!

Top Shelf Aquatics

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response. Yeah I love these guys and they’re all qt’d and eat great. trying to figure out what I’d even try to sell then for. That’s the hard part!
Look on LiveAquaria or Blue Zoo! Theyve got fairly usual prices and my be a little higher. Most people go to those two to check prices on fish. Especially Live Aquaria! Like for example your white tail is selling for around 200 now, the purple 200-500 depending on size and the wyomings are super high for a mated pair. Saw a pair in my LFS for like 250!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back