Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the following fish compatible with a newly hatched Epaulette shark?

snowflake eel 1’
Threadfin snapper 5”
Blue throat trigger 5”
Harlequin tusk 4”
Bi color angel 3”
3 striped damsel 2”

Thanks!
Angels and Triggers I’ve found to be prone to nipping shark & ray fins even when the shark/ray is mature. The snapper, eel and tusk may bite the shark thinking it’s food. So the only one I would say is truly compatible with a younger shark is the damsel. Which may end up being food to the shark as it ages.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a very high chance of the Angel nipping the shark, as for the trigger these are only reef safe concerning coral. Inverts are a no go as they get larger normally, and I have seen a couple nipping sharks like epaulettes.
It’s really not worth the risk, you’ll either have to trade in the shark or rethink your stocking.
And as mentioned above, you will need a rather large tank long term for these guys, I believe the rules with sharks are the tank has to be Atleast 3x (if not 4x) the length of the shark and the width is ideally 2x the length of the shark.

CLICK TO VIEW

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a 65 gallon tank, the snapper, bluethroat trigger, tusk, and epaulette shark all need larger tanks. Unless you plan to upgrade tank sizes very soon to like a 250 gallon at least you should think of selling those fish and shouldnt even consider an epaulette shark. Could they work if small and for a very short term or for acclimation/qt, yes, but that is about it. Later they will become aggressive with eachother not to mention, too little space for them to swim and the fact that overtime nutrients would build up more than any filtration system can handle. Just a disaster waiting to happen

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back