Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple months of research finally pulled the trigger on a RedSea Reefer 525 G2+. It isn't here just yet, but I've started to play around with some aquascaping/habitat ideas. Had posted on Reddit and was asked if I had a build thread here, which I did not. Figured I'd get one started to document the progress.

Got my table and working area all setup so I could get an idea of the space I had to work with. Went and picked up about 85 lbs of Caribsea Life Rock. One of their trees, a box of ledges, and then my LFS had several boxes of shapes that I could just pick through and grab what I wanted. Here are my first 3 attempts (ignore the socks on the table, lol). I think I may head back to grab a couple more arches and coves today and swap out some of the basic rock shapes.

aquascape1.jpeg aquascape2.jpeg aquascape3.jpeg

Attachments

• aquascape1.mp4
    57.7 MB
  • aquascape2.mp4
    53.8 MB
  • aquascape3.mp4
    42.9 MB
Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
BaldAndBeard

BaldAndBeard

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I convinced you to post over here! I'm sure you'll get lots of great ideas, advice, and encouragement. When do you take delivery of the tank?
Possibly being shipped out this Friday so maybe sometime next week. Don't have a definitive date just yet.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple months of research finally pulled the trigger on a RedSea Reefer 525 G2+. It isn't here just yet, but I've started to play around with some aquascaping/habitat ideas. Had posted on Reddit and was asked if I had a build thread here, which I did not. Figured I'd get one started to document the progress.

Got my table and working area all setup so I could get an idea of the space I had to work with. Went and picked up about 85 lbs of Caribsea Life Rock. One of their trees, a box of ledges, and then my LFS had several boxes of shapes that I could just pick through and grab what I wanted. Here are my first 3 attempts (ignore the socks on the table, lol). I think I may head back to grab a couple more arches and coves today and swap out some of the basic rock shapes.

View attachment 3133724 View attachment 3133727 View attachment 3133731
I like the aquascape designs!!!!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
BRS
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AFX
Back