Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First month with the new nano is in the bag! We have Nemo (I know, how original) and Mr. Crab, a very tiny blue legged hermit. I've discovered that my mesh lid, coupled with a lace picnic food cover helps keep the cats out (although when they knock it off, they still drink from the back of the tank :rolleyes:).
Just wondering if anyone thinks my sand bed is deep enough for a nasarius snail? Heading to the LFS tomorrow to hopefully either add to my cuc or pick up a coral!

nano 1.jpg
new tank 2023.png

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
nanomom

nanomom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Except for the Cyano…caught my elderly dad over feeding with the pellets lol. Question…should I increase my flow? It’s a 15 gal with a 134gph pump, but I’m feeling it’s not quite enough. Suggestion’s?

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 8

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Except for the Cyano…caught my elderly dad over feeding with the pellets lol. Question…should I increase my flow? It’s a 15 gal with a 134gph pump, but I’m feeling it’s not quite enough. Suggestion’s?
Is this an AIO? Maybe get the smallest sicce wavemaker and point it up to disturb the surface too. I didn’t have much flow for a while but stuck a huge wavemaker in my 20g long and my clownfish love surfing it :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
nanomom

nanomom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an Innovative Marine AOI. And I did try a sicce nano, but it stirred up everything and was way too strong. Blowing sand around. Now, maybe, could I attach it in a lower part of the tank and point upward, to get the surface agitation?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s plenty of sand …..
being only one month in you can try easy corals but wouldn’t get too invested yet . Still a little early .

how are your parameters in terms of stability ?

for your own mentality test and record to see if there are any noticeable trends

OP
OP
nanomom

nanomom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this an AIO? Maybe get the smallest sicce wavemaker and point it up to disturb the surface too. I didn’t have much flow for a while but stuck a huge wavemaker in my 20g long and my clownfish love surfing it :face-with-tears-of-joy:
My clown keeps biting my hand when I have to get in my tank…do you know why? It’s funny but doesn’t hurt.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown keeps biting my hand when I have to get in my tank…do you know why? It’s funny but doesn’t hurt.
Give them time …..
I call mine Dracula the blood thirsty clown

I don’t honestly think there is a way to correct it , it’s their aggressive and territorial nature

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an Innovative Marine AOI. And I did try a sicce nano, but it stirred up everything and was way too strong. Blowing sand around. Now, maybe, could I attach it in a lower part of the tank and point upward, to get the surface agitation?
I put mine as close to the surface as I could pointed slightly up at it, then adjusted it down so it wasn’t splattering water

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think some species or worse than others but what @Rmckoy said, territory. I’ve yet to have a problem with mine. I think I’ve been told that ocellaris are the least likely to do it then percula then maroon

Top Shelf Aquatics

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think some species or worse than others but what @Rmckoy said, territory. I’ve yet to have a problem with mine. I think I’ve been told that ocellaris are the least likely to do it then percula then maroon
A tomato clown was my worse .
but the current killers are ocellasis
The male hangs up’s wide down in the same corner all the time , the female …. She will chase my hand biting me throughout the entire 6’ length
As soon as she knows my hand is in the tank she’s in search and destroy mode

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Biota Marine Life
Back