Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the first ICP on my 32 gal tank. It has been set up for 3 months. I do have a few soft corals that are fairly new to the tank (A leather, few Zoa frags) And two LPS (Hammers I bought before I knew better). I can’t say they are growing like weeds, but I am seeing a few new polyps.

I ran this ICP to get a baseline and I’ll attach the results. The bottom line: iron, Vandium and zinc are high—chromium and iodine are low. all else are within the limits. I assume the inbalance may be my water source (RO/DI from LFS). I believe it would be better to have a system at the house and that is in the works. However, the iodine certainly likes like something I need to add. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

D3153DB1-8C1F-4D72-9E31-81C0DF1D1447.png

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the first ICP on my 32 gal tank. It has been set up for 3 months. I do have a few soft corals that are fairly new to the tank (A leather, few Zoa frags) And two LPS (Hammers I bought before I knew better). I can’t say they are growing like weeds, but I am seeing a few new polyps.

I ran this ICP to get a baseline and I’ll attach the results. The bottom line: iron, Vandium and zinc are high—chromium and iodine are low. all else are within the limits. I assume the inbalance may be my water source (RO/DI from LFS). I believe it would be better to have a system at the house and that is in the works. However, the iodine certainly likes like something I need to add. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 3047908
In a 3 month tank I'm a little surprised by the metals, I'd run some polyfilter to reduce them.
Check for any screws, metal hose clamps or exposed magnets below water.

The iodine will pretty much always read low unless you are dosing daily. Ignore the Chromium.

OP
OP
paragrouper

paragrouper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 3 month tank I'm a little surprised by the metals, I'd run some polyfilter to reduce them.
Check for any screws, metal hose clamps or exposed magnets below water.

The iodine will pretty much always read low unless you are dosing daily. Ignore the Chromium.
I was surprised at the results myself and I’ll check the tank asap. I expect I’ll pick up some poly filter tomorrow as well.

just to clarify: should I do anything about the iodine?

AS

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surprised at the results myself and I’ll check the tank asap. I expect I’ll pick up some poly filter tomorrow as well.

just to clarify: should I do anything about the iodine?
If you're doing regular water changes you probably don't need to.
Unless you have a heavy bioload the salt mix will have enough.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back