• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

First ever sexy sps growout!!!!!

Reef keeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here it is the first ever sexy growout thanks to sexycorals you can check thier corals out at sexycorals.com.
Their will be 7 spots im still not sure if i can take part in it because of some things that came up but if i can i have a few frags i can add and maybe even be grower. 286$ per spot
1. Reef up (grower)
2. FlowerHornNYC
3. LLToSweet
4. islander84
5. Raggamuffin
6. xxbrianxx
7. bct15

it will include
Red dragon
Sc amythest simplex
Purple mOnster
Oregon tort
Uww sunburst Monti
Hologram Monti
Sc deep water green monster
Sc blue tenius
Sc red grinch
Crayola plana
Tyree Rainbow Monti
Setosa bug frag
Purple simplex
Garf purple Ba sai
Paletta pink tip
Red planet
Romel ultimate rainbow
Icefire
Tierra del fuego
Sc orange stick

Thanks sexy corals!

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you know how big the frags are? and approx. how long it'd take based on your sps growth rates (if youre going to end up being the grower). either way though this is great man! so many growouts lately lol it's nice to see an sps one for a change

OP
OP
R

Reef keeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The really highend like the red dragon, de fuego are all frags
Setosa, garf, rainbow, are all large chunks
Yeah i was looking around and didnt see any sps growou and well ive been getting really good grouth from everything since i started dosing amino acids and trace supplements hmm... personally im not sure cause they have to adapt to the system then they start taking of.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The really highend like the red dragon, de fuego are all frags
Setosa, garf, rainbow, are all large chunks
Yeah i was looking around and didnt see any sps growou and well ive been getting really good grouth from everything since i started dosing amino acids and trace supplements hmm... personally im not sure cause they have to adapt to the system then they start taking of.

You remember I already have or getting most of these soon right ;) but count me in pm me first lol

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
R

Reef keeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does aa help with growth???? I found it helps with coloring but never heard it helps growth... Please share what you have found..:)
Well i used to do waterchanges every week but i forget who i heard it from but they told me i should dose aa so i tried it and am getting great growth outta acans, sps and softies idk if its just a coinsidense or wat

Last edited:

ronnie

Acro addict (recovering)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dose nothing but fish poop for my SPS and get great growth. I also try to do daily water changes - about 1g or 2g. I've been lazy lately, so that hasn't been happening.

Anyways - this is a great growout - I'm not ready to commit, but may be in 6 months if something like this comes around again.

AS

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested. But you seem fairly new on here so ill need some background info. Do you have any references on here or another site. Do you have pics of your tank(s), what are your params(what test kits do you use), how long have you been in the hobby, a little info on your setup....? Thanks

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also where are you located and what kind of experience do you have with shipping sps corals?(references) Thanks......Are those pieces firm or is there optional replacements....i have a handful of the items that are fairly big i could possibly work something out with you to get some different items.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
R

Reef keeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys i just did did a very successful growout with cherry u can check it out and in the other growout we had reef up, wish, reefpeeper, luvmyacans, ronnie.
Picture091.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture081.jpg

params calcium 500 ( i know its high but i have no trouble at all with it), mag 1700, nitrates 0, nitrites 0, phosphate 0.3, salinity 1.225
temp 79.5
ive been reefing for about 3 yrs know
specs 6 bulb 48" t-5 nova extrem fixture, with a koralia 1050, koralia 750, koralia 425, return pump and about to add another 750
i dose 5 drops of ammino acids and supplements every day water change once a week at 10%.
im not sure i wanna growout though cause i heard that those tiera de feugo's r hard to take carer of and i just dont wanna risk it!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The terra de fuego is a very temperamental piece for sure.... If it makes it into your tank it doesn't seem to bad it's shipping that's a killer for it...:( just my exp thus far with it..... Sps would make a sweet grow out "grow fairly fast" and I would be all for it but I have all those pieces already besides 2 and I'm out of room!!!!! I got sticks growing in the sand now :( uhhhh really got to move some things lol...

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interesting in this grow out. How long will this grow out take (time frame)?

very fast cause ill can make big frags on most of them.. When i say big i mean you can cut it into 3-4 portion already when they arrive.. :xd::xd::xd::xd::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys i just did did a very successful growout with cherry u can check it out and in the other growout we had reef up, wish, reefpeeper, luvmyacans, ronnie.
Picture091.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture081.jpg

params calcium 500 ( i know its high but i have no trouble at all with it), mag 1700, nitrates 0, nitrites 0, phosphate 0.3, salinity 1.225
temp 79.5
ive been reefing for about 3 yrs know
specs 6 bulb 48" t-5 nova extrem fixture, with a koralia 1050, koralia 750, koralia 425, return pump and about to add another 750
i dose 5 drops of ammino acids and supplements every day water change once a week at 10%.
im not sure i wanna growout though cause i heard that those tiera de feugo's r hard to take carer of and i just dont wanna risk it!

I'm still down to grow buddy ;-)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back