+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,

I have been interested in the hobby for about 5 years. In maybe a year or two I can jump in. But I figure I start planning everything out. Attached Pictures are my sketches of my tank and sump. I plan on getting a 4x2x2 tank as my first tank.

Some points about the sketches.
I will have saltwater mixing and ato away from the tank.
Currently I am not showing lines from the two pumps to the manifold or from my drainpipe to my filter roller.
- I have to re design the system. I am thinking one pump will go to the refugium and UV then to the tank with the other pump going to the main manifold and tank.
There is not enough room left over to equipment. I don't want to build the stand longer or wider. So, there is a lot of changes that will happen. Sump and pipe redesign etc.
Not sure it the stand will be strong enough. The wood is all 2x4 with plywood under the tank and sump.

This is my first design. With some help I will get it down.

-Kai

Tank 1.png Tank 2.png Tank 3.png Tank 4.png Tank 5.png Tank 6.png tank 7.png tank 8.png TANK 9.png

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
A

akainoa808

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool - what tool did you use for planning out the CAD drawing?
Is called sketch up. They have a free version online you can use. Thats some getting used to. Highly recommend using a mouse and not a touch pad on a laptop.

Corals.com

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,

I have been interested in the hobby for about 5 years. In maybe a year or two I can jump in. But I figure I start planning everything out. Attached Pictures are my sketches of my tank and sump. I plan on getting a 4x2x2 tank as my first tank.

Some points about the sketches.
I will have saltwater mixing and ato away from the tank.
Currently I am not showing lines from the two pumps to the manifold or from my drainpipe to my filter roller.
- I have to re design the system. I am thinking one pump will go to the refugium and UV then to the tank with the other pump going to the main manifold and tank.
There is not enough room left over to equipment. I don't want to build the stand longer or wider. So, there is a lot of changes that will happen. Sump and pipe redesign etc.
Not sure it the stand will be strong enough. The wood is all 2x4 with plywood under the tank and sump.

This is my first design. With some help I will get it down.

-Kai

View attachment 2776420 View attachment 2776421 View attachment 2776422 View attachment 2776423 View attachment 2776424 View attachment 2776425 View attachment 2776426 View attachment 2776427 View attachment 2776431

The stand is more than strong enough. I could park my 18 wheeler on it with no issues as designed.

For the large stuff that will not fit in the stand (ato, and such) is there a closest nearby you could utilize?

I have been wracking my brain for weeks now trying to figure out a way to incorporate an ATO reservoir into my setup. I have 12 x 15 x 16 of space to fit one and still realistically reach into it for cleaning and refilling. I DO have a coat closet about 3 feet away. With a couple well placed holes and a few lengths of tubing and cording, I could easily set up a large ATO in there and still maintain the clean look in my living room.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Kessil
Back