First bubble tip, what is this on it??

Texasreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening fellow reefers!

I’ve been in the hobby for around 10yrs keeping only softies and LPs with success. I picked up this bubble tip anemone today at a mom and pop lfs (multiple were given to them from a fellow hobbyists that split from mother colony). I got it home a few hours ago and noticed this white ring around the base of tents. This is my 1st anemone ever. I fed it some mysis which it took. Just curious about this white ring? Tank has been set up for a year with well established LPs and softie corals.

Photo was taken like an hour into the tank. Since photo the tentacles have expanded and puffed up more but still the white around base
9F030B44-D5AA-4979-A9F7-A14AE3F0E6E5.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white ring is just part of the coloration on the oral disk

OP
OP
Texasreef

Texasreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white ring is just part of the coloration on the oral disk
Okay, so nothing to worry about? I know the anemone wasn’t under the best lighting at the store. I plan on feeding it a little every other day & keeping an eye out if it wants to go on a walk

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont feed it yet. Allow it to settle for a few weeks first. More likely to annoy it then help it if you try to feed it too soon after getting it

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back