Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know how one could call a firefish peaceful given how territorial they are. There really should be some mention of that. We have named ours Ursula - she is a purple firefish who is a giant bully to our pair of bluestreak cardinals. Now she isn’t out for blood like yellowtail damsels, but she is definitely a bully similar to tomato clowns. Does not tolerate certain free-swimmers in her territory. Doesn’t mind the other gobies so much.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know how one could call a firefish peaceful given how territorial they are. There really should be some mention of that. We have named ours Ursula - she is a purple firefish who is a giant bully to our pair of bluestreak cardinals. Now she isn’t out for blood like yellowtail damsels, but she is definitely a bully similar to tomato clowns. Does not tolerate certain free-swimmers in her territory. Doesn’t mind the other gobies so much.

This is interesting to hear. I know all fish have separate personalities but never knew it was possible for a firefish to be this aggressive.

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has his little rock cave spot that he stays close to but he never aggressively defends the spot. Just chills out front.

Attachments

• 20211125_144003.jpg
    20211125_144003.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 25
Corals.com
OP
OP
JayFish4004

JayFish4004

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting to hear. I know all fish have separate personalities but never knew it was possible for a firefish to be this aggressive.
I wouldn’t go as far as aggressive like a yellowtail that relentlessly attacks and goes for blood, she’s more of a bully that does not want the cardinals anywhere near her sometimes, but then other times she’ll be chilling with ‘em like all is fine. It’s the weirdest thing. I also have a citron goby, pinkbar goby, neon goby and 2 barnacle blennies but she doesn’t seem bothered by them like the cardinals bother her.

OP
OP
JayFish4004

JayFish4004

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has his little rock cave spot that he stays close to but he never aggressively defends the spot. Just chills out front.
Mine has her spot she likes, but roams the tank and bullies the cardinals lol. It’s not to the point where it’s stressful to the cardinals I dont think so thats good. Threadfin cardinals are super cool fish

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Top Shelf Aquatics
Back