Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two red and two purple firefish who were all introduced at the same time as the very first fish in my tank. The reds and purples paired up and all coexisted fine. Unfortunately I lost one of my reds today. He somehow escaped from my well covered tank, perhaps during maintenance. Must I leave this red alone with the purple pair or will it, as well as my fully stocked tank with two Tangs, accept a replacement?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had two red and two purple firefish who were all introduced at the same time as the very first fish in my tank. The reds and purples paired up and all coexisted fine. Unfortunately I lost one of my reds today. He somehow escaped from my well covered tank, perhaps during maintenance. Must I leave this red alone with the purple pair or will it, as well as my fully stocked tank with two Tangs, accept a replacement?
Leave it as one. Any additions may disturb the peace

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it with one - Purples aren’t meant to be Communal with eachother and reds rarely work in groups/pairs. Adding a 4th fire fish will likely bring out that chance of destroying peace between the current 3 that are coexisting.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it with one - Purples aren’t meant to be Communal with eachother and reds rarely work in groups/pairs. Adding a 4th fire fish will likely bring out that chance of destroying peace between the current 3 that are coexisting.
I guess my original two reds and two purples who paired up and didn't bother the others was a exception. Two of each was the suggestion of my lfs.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back