+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My girlfriend has a 32g biocube with about 30lb Of live rock. We bought a fire shrimp a couple weeks ago and he was very peaceful and content. Four days ago we went to LFS and he told us if we get another fire shrimp they will be more active as a pair and come out more often. We bought another one, and they are not getting along. The new shrimp claimed the others territory and pushed out the old one. They don’t come together often but when they do, they fight quickly and swim off.

my question is: should I return the new fire shrimp to LFS? Is there still a chance they could end up pairing? Thanks.

Top Shelf Aquatics

N11morales

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had read about this also. I don’t remember where exactly but somewhere I had read introducing them at the same time allows them to pair easier. They might pair still. I would keep an eye on them.

Nutramar Foods

AC1211

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait a second I was initially confused by this but if I have 2 random unsexed either fire shrimp or skunk cleaner shrimp and introduce them at once then they will pair up? Is that true? Do they need target feeding or can I expect them to get what they need from the leftovers?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back