+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a 16 gallon tank and my scarlet shrunk shrimp mysteriously disappeared from my tank a few weeks ago. I decided to purchase another cleaner shrimp so I went with a Fire Shrimp. Very beautiful but it seems to be shy and always hiding in the rocks only coming out when feeding time and doesn’t do it’s cleaning duty lol.

Is this normal behavior?

I’m planning on getting a another scarlet skunk shrimp so it can clean. Is it ok to have two of them together?

Corals.com

snorklr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
through the years i've had a couple fire shrimp...some came out when i fed the fish, others hid and i'd have to target feed them...and if i didnt they'd steal food from the duncan

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention, my fire shrimp gets a little more brave when he's hungry and will venture a little farther from his hangout, lol. He also does clean fish. Didn't at first, but for a while now, my diamond goby frequently visits his "station" asking to be cleaned. Some of the other fish don't like him as he will sometimes rush over to them and try cleaning them when they don't want it, lol. He would never leave his cave and climb on my hands the way my skunk cleaners did though, so I miss them. I have 3 peppermint shrimp with my fire shrimp now, and they all get along. The peppermints don't clean anything, but they took care of all my aiptasia and are always out and about, particularly in the evenings.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back