Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fire clownfish that has been in great health the 6 months it's been in my tank and took up with a small nem I bought for it as well.

Last night I turned the tank light on after lights out, not good I know, but I had just put in a bunch of snails from reefcleaners and was checking them.

Clown sleeps in her nem, I guess when I turned the light on it startled her and she darted, I happened to glance down and she was on her side on the galaxea coral. I thought she had died but I grabbed her to move her and she started swimming but was clearly addled. This morning she's swimming but her whole little fin is....dissolved??

Can just a few seconds on a galaxea do that much damage?? You can also see damage to the flesh behind her eye, she was touching the galaxea in that area, down to the fin and just behind the fin, the rest of her body was not touching the coral, just fyi.
20230528_103137.jpg

What can I do to make sure she recovers okay?

20230528_103137.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a fire clownfish that has been in great health the 6 months it's been in my tank and took up with a small nem I bought for it as well.

Last night I turned the tank light on after lights out, not good I know, but I had just put in a bunch of snails from reefcleaners and was checking them.

Clown sleeps in her nem, I guess when I turned the light on it startled her and she darted, I happened to glance down and she was on her side on the galaxea coral. I thought she had died but I grabbed her to move her and she started swimming but was clearly addled. This morning she's swimming but her whole little fin is....dissolved??

Can just a few seconds on a galaxea do that much damage?? You can also see damage to the flesh behind her eye, she was touching the galaxea in that area, down to the fin and just behind the fin, the rest of her body was not touching the coral, just fyi.View attachment 3174283

What can I do to make sure she recovers okay?

View attachment 3174283
cant see much in the pics which are dark and at an angle but with such stings come little black dots known as hypermelanization which subside and go away on their own.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back