Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks been doing great, fish ànd corals. I hadn't run a test on my params in 5 months! Ran one today cuz I was curious and manually dose. My alk was 8.6, calc. 440, mag. 1400, nitrate was below 10 and phosphate I didn't test I was actually really surprised they came back spot on. I came to the conclusion the tank is pretty much on auto pilot and I'm gonna continue with the current regimen. Anyone else that doesn't test on a regular basis and having succes. I don't do water changes so I dose trace elements and such so I'm gonna send in a triton test to see what those numbers are at.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

bjmartie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious, cause that's where I want to get.

What size is your tank?
And how long has it been set up?
Every time I test, all my parameters are spot on as well, so I don't do it as often.

But would like to get to no water changes and just top off the ATO really. But my tank is only 6-7 months old currently and longest I went without a water change, was two weeks and I only do 10% changes for my 90 gallon with 40 gallon sump.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks been doing great, fish ànd corals. I hadn't run a test on my params in 5 months! Ran one today cuz I was curious and manually dose. My alk was 8.6, calc. 440, mag. 1400, nitrate was below 10 and phosphate I didn't test I was actually really surprised they came back spot on. I came to the conclusion the tank is pretty much on auto pilot and I'm gonna continue with the current regimen. Anyone else that doesn't test on a regular basis and having succes. I don't do water changes so I dose trace elements and such so I'm gonna send in a triton test to see what those numbers are at.
How old is the system?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jared Bryant

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate testing and it just gives a number that doesn't really mean anything unless you are having an issue. I can tell by my eyes if anything is off with my tank.

Now I do test if I feel something is off or I am bored on a Saturday afternoon. Maybe every 3-4 months.

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 6 years since I did a water change. 5 years in my 90g and over a year in my current dt a 180g. In August of 2021 I switched my 90g for my current 180g so over 6 years. I would start now and just keep an eye on the corals as they will tell you if something is off. I have a simple set and my current regimen of dosing stuff seems to be working awesome.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back