Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me almost 2 years. Last hitchhiker from my live rock 2 years ago. Quite elusive. Would move frags around to use them to block in his cave, scraped live rock of coralline, scraped encrusting corals including acros. Mighta grabbed a small wrasse I had but unconfirmed. Just a royal pita. Tried tweezers, bottle traps, skewering him with a knitting needle. Nothing. Always got away. He was my Moby Dick and I was Capt. Ahab.
Last night, saw where he was at so decided to use the shot glass trap. Only problem is a shot glass would be too small for this guy. So went with a stemless wine glass. Dropped in a piece of shrimp and 30 secs later he was going for it. Not reckless though, very crafty. Tried reaching in with his legs still grabbing onto the rock and at one point I thought he might be able to reach it, but luckily the shrimp was just out of reach. He tried maybe 4-5 times of completely pulling out and then going back until finally he went all in and he couldn’t get out. Moved him downstairs to a frag tank where he can’t do anymore harm. JGT-1, hairy crab-0.

8E97D24B-CD21-4B61-B982-D8FB34FB9A51.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
JGT

JGT

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this guy was unbelievably strong. At one point he grabbed the rim of the glass and started to lift the glass. I thought he was gonna turn it over or run off with it. Luckily it got wedged in the rock.

BRS

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all that time I would have poured the water into the sump, dropped in a few cubes and poured the glass full of Vodka & juice. The natives will turn the bottom up and swallow the crab whole to celebrate the final victory!

Drunk Bottoms Up GIF by ABC TV + IVIEW

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah this guy was unbelievably strong. At one point he grabbed the rim of the glass and started to lift the glass. I thought he was gonna turn it over or run off with it. Luckily it got wedged in the rock.
Well, now you have an awesome little sump monster. Two things 1) make sure he can't get at any tubes or cords, because as he grows his claws will be able to go through them; and 2) he needs a cool name.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
JGT

JGT

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all that time I would have poured the water into the sump, dropped in a few cubes and poured the glass full of Vodka & juice. The natives will turn the bottom up and swallow the crab whole to celebrate the final victory!

Drunk Bottoms Up GIF by ABC TV + IVIEW
This guy woulda had ripped my insides out and burst out of my chest.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Hanna
Back