+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I have a JBJ 15G cube. The Overflow Chamber: 3.25"L x 4"W x 16"H.
I am looking to get a filter sock for it, but I can't find a 2.75 inch filter sock with a ring that holds it. The 4 inch ring is too big so I am kinda stuck.
Anyone know what I can do?

Top Shelf Aquatics

PR_nano

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about media basket?

Intank makes a nice one or search the 3d printing threads for file or someone who can make you one.

OP
OP
NoMu Fish

NoMu Fish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about media basket?

Intank makes a nice one or search the 3d printing threads for file or someone who can make you one.
I'll check it out. Thank you!

AquaCave Logo Banner

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I have a JBJ 15G cube. The Overflow Chamber: 3.25"L x 4"W x 16"H.
I am looking to get a filter sock for it, but I can't find a 2.75 inch filter sock with a ring that holds it. The 4 inch ring is too big so I am kinda stuck.
Anyone know what I can do?
Have you tried a RS Max Nano filter sock?

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has a IM Nuvo 10, IM Nuvo 20 and a IM 50 Lagoon the BEST thing I ever did was get ride of my media baskets and started using the IM filter socks. You would not believe the amount of brown/green crap they filter out daily. I have 2 sets for each tank and every other day I take out a sock, turn it inside out, rinse under the tap and then soak in a cup with bleach water. Then rinse it well under the tap a few hours(or the next day)and let it dry. I also like to suck detritus out of tank and squirt it into the sock right before removing it to clean.
Found this picture on a google search of someone who built a pvc stand and used a IM filter sock in his JBJ tank
jbj filter sock.jpg

Last edited:
AS
OP
OP
NoMu Fish

NoMu Fish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has a IM Nuvo 10, IM Nuvo 20 and a IM 50 Lagoon the BEST thing I ever did was get ride of my media baskets and started using the IM filter socks. You would not believe the amount of brown/green crap they filter out daily. I have 2 sets for each tank and every other day I take out a sock, turn it inside out, rinse under the tap and then soak in a cup with bleach water. Then rinse it well under the tap a few hours(or the next day)and let it dry. I also like to suck detritus out of tank and squirt it into the sock right before removing it to clean.
Found this picture on a google search of someone who built a pvc stand and used a IM filter sock in his JBJ tankView attachment 2816010
Thank you! I have heard great things like this about socks so I want to try and figure it out. I may have to resort to this!

World Wide Corals
World Wide Corals
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back