Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I've got a waterbox 100.3 100 total volume, but 70 gallon display which is what matters lol. I've got a flame angel, 2 damsel (the nice ones) talbot and azure, and two clowns, sadly the foxface in the picture is no more :( that's just the only picture I had. I was wondering if a fiji blue spot puffer would be feasible. I've got softies and LPS mainly worried about the big elegance ik they'll take out the shrimp I'd just move them to another tank if I do add the puffer, but will a blue spot destroy my corals? Or just nibble from time to time?

Screenshot_20230403_103712_Gallery.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Reefer302

Reefer302

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I've got a waterbox 100.3 100 total volume, but 70 gallon display which is what matters lol. I've got a flame angel, 2 damsel (the nice ones) talbot and azure, and two clowns, sadly the foxface in the picture is no more :( that's just the only picture I had. I was wondering if a fiji blue spot puffer would be feasible. I've got softies and LPS mainly worried about the big elegance ik they'll take out the shrimp I'd just move them to another tank if I do add the puffer, but will a blue spot destroy my corals? Or just nibble from time to time?

View attachment 3094377
A follow up question I've heard people talk about puffers "nuking" the tank when they die would a blue spot do that? or do people just have puffers confused with boxfish?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Reefer302

Reefer302

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THAT ELEGANCE THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an expert on puffer, but I think the short answer is no.
That's sorta what I expected. I'm always trying to get stuff that I shouldn't lol not worth risking that elegance tbh idk what type of corals they like to munch on tho
THAT ELEGANCE THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an expert on puffer, but I think the short answer is no.

twentyleagues

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A follow up question I've heard people talk about puffers "nuking" the tank when they die would a blue spot do that? or do people just have puffers confused with boxfish?
Most puffers are not reef safe. I dont know the specifics on that one, but better safe then sorry. Most puffers carry tetrodotoxin. Will it "nuke" tank probably not. If it dies and you let it rot away in there maybe....

CLICK TO VIEW
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back