Female Japanese Seallowtail Angel sores?

Eye H8 Empty V

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this young lady was in QT for 2 month treated with copper power and prazipro. She was looking awesome. Last Friday I put her in the DT and today I just noticed these sores on her. I’m going out of town tomorrow for 5 days and broke down the QT after treatment was done. Any advice is appreciated!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So this young lady was in QT for 2 month treated with copper power and prazipro. She was looking awesome. Last Friday I put her in the DT and today I just noticed these sores on her. I’m going out of town tomorrow for 5 days and broke down the QT after treatment was done. Any advice is appreciated!

View attachment 3064081
Looks like injury. By chance is it squabbling or having issues with sailfin tang which can be a tank jerk? This is something that should heal on its own if not bothered by other tank mates. Keep an eye on it to assure it does not develop into any type of sore or infection.
If youre not sure if another fish has been annoying it, you can set your cell phone on video mode for about 30 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is a jerk at feeding time.
Review the video and see who it may be

BRS
OP
OP
Eye H8 Empty V

Eye H8 Empty V

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She came from QT with the Sailfin and was definitely the dominant one. From what I’ve seen everything has been peaceful and she’s the biggest fish in the pond. It also looks to be symmetrical on both sides. But she won’t sit still long enough to confirm. I have a camera setup for when I’m gone and can remote pellet feed. I’ll give that a shot and see what happens. All of the fish are pretty new and the first 2 left QT late January.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Bulk Reef Supply
Back