Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved all my zoas & palys to the sand bed because my T5 lights are really strong. So this new position posed a difficult feeding situation for me. I was feeding the tank above my palys hoping that something would fall on them and I was not able to get a good hit.

So I looked around and came up with a good idea I thought I would share with others. I had this long piece of rigid tubing sitting around and some sinking pellets. Eureka! I was able to lower the rigid tubing right next to the paly and drop a pellet into the tubbing. The pellet takes some time to drop down but it gives you enough time to make sure your aim is right on.

Since starting this I have noticed that some of my pellets are too big so I've since started to cut them and try the tube drop method and it has worked like a charm.

I got the tubing at Petco and it was left over from my brine shrimp hatchery. Hope this helps.

Luciano

AS

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What bulbs are you useing in your T5 set up? What would you say the distance between your lights and the zoa's is a safe distance so that they will not bleach?
Reason I am asking is I orderd T5 lights for a zoa frag tank and want to know how high to suspend my lights safely. I ordered 54 watt---2 actinics 2 Aqua blue 11000K and one midday 6000K bulbs. Maybe not use 6000K and replace with another 11000K? Thanks,
Dave

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been feeding Rod's Food thru a turkey baster. Gets as far as I need.

W/the T5s, I suggest several layers of nylon screening for at least a month. I had 2 layers, removed 1/wk & my corals were bleached 4 weeks later. Especially the people eaters & favias.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back