Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st year in on this beautiful hobby and things are going good after a rocky start, until I stumbled on to reef2reef. Thanks cause I was ready to give up. Now gave myself a little gift for 1st year which was a very little zoa coral. Question .... it is about a 1/2 inch in diameter, do we feed them or do they get enough nutrients from the food until it gets larger. And does reef roid powder have an expiration date. Son gave it to me but can not remember when he bought it. Any feeding info would be a great help.

s

AquaCave Logo Banner

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st year in on this beautiful hobby and things are going good after a rocky start, until I stumbled on to reef2reef. Thanks cause I was ready to give up. Now gave myself a little gift for 1st year which was a very little zoa coral. Question .... it is about a 1/2 inch in diameter, do we feed them or do they get enough nutrients from the food until it gets larger. And does reef roid powder have an expiration date. Son gave it to me but can not remember when he bought it. Any feeding info would be a great help.

s
Zoas can be fine with no direct feeding. I have a few and they do just fine as long as the light levels are good. I do add Seachem ReefPlus that has aminos in it twice a week. And I’ve used both ReefRoids and Goniopower which are similar to each other. Mine is a little over a year old and seems fine. Just get a small container, add a couple pinches , stir and sprinkle over the corals with the pumps off for 15-20 mins at least.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back