Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so I recently received this feather duster which was alot bigger than I expected and very pretty. its about 6 inches long and crown is about 3 to 3.5inches wide.
Firstly I wanted to ask how much of the base should you bury under the sand?
Do you know what type of feather duster is in the picture exactly? What is best to feed it?
Lastly I keep seeing bits of white stringy stuff come from it and can be really annoying if it chooses to suddenly retract as bits of it goes all over the place . What is this stuff and is it normal?The photos don't really show the stuff on these particular photos.
20230216_142918.jpg
20230218_192203.jpg
20230218_192601.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as feeding goes, they don't need to be directly fed although some phyto would probably be appreciated. I had one sprout up on a piece of live ocean rock that grew from microscopic to full size without any special feeding

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
R

rocknurworld

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFAIK you can bury it as much as you want and the worm will actually move/build and add-on to the tube to its liking.
what I keep finding issue is because it is about 5 inches tall so whenever crabs or snail climbs up it they knock it over so it's flat on the ground then I need to get in and move it again to put it up right. any tips on this at all?

OP
OP
R

rocknurworld

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as feeding goes, they don't need to be directly fed although some phyto would probably be appreciated. I had one sprout up on a piece of live ocean rock that grew from microscopic to full size without any special feeding
any ideas on what species my one is?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
R

rocknurworld

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure the exact species but they're pretty common...it looks to be in the Sabellidae family
do you have to put the feather duster foot of it into the substrate or can you place It say I'm between rock work. problem I'm having with it is it is about 6 inches long the tube and find when crabs crawl on it then falls over and I find it lying flat on the substrate and need to pick it back up again each time.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back