+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I recently purchased Di resin from Fauna Marin and was under the impression it was color changing resin. The resin is still golden ish colored but my TDS have jumped from 0 to 2. I just changed my ro membrane in January and my sediment and carbon in December. Is the resin supposed to change color? My input TDS have not changed much that I see. Any ideas of what the cause could be?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I recently purchased Di resin from Fauna Marin and was under the impression it was color changing resin. The resin is still golden ish colored but my TDS have jumped from 0 to 2. I just changed my ro membrane in January and my sediment and carbon in December. Is the resin supposed to change color? My input TDS have not changed much that I see. Any ideas of what the cause could be?
How many resin beds are you running?

How old is the resin for either stage?

Have you tested your tap water for chlorine/chloramines and or co2?

Co2 was the cause for my DI resin final stage not lasting past 100gallons of DI water.

OP
OP
X

xdcbenoitxd

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many resin beds are you running?

How old is the resin for either stage?

Have you tested your tap water for chlorine/chloramines and or co2?

Co2 was the cause for my DI resin final stage not lasting past 100gallons of DI water.
Hi there,

I am running 2 beds and the life of the resin should not be calculated in time as if I have a nano tank vs 150 gallons my usage would greatly vary. I am trying to find out if this is not actually color changing and then if it is try to find out why I'm having issues. Thanks though.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I am running 2 beds and the life of the resin should not be calculated in time as if I have a nano tank vs 150 gallons my usage would greatly vary. I am trying to find out if this is not actually color changing and then if it is try to find out why I'm having issues. Thanks though.
Let me rephrase.

How many gallons before your tds went from 0 to 2 on the DI stage?
Do you have a tds probe after both stages? I would assume its reading 2ppm on the final stage? Whats the tds of the other stage?

OP
OP
X

xdcbenoitxd

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Xdc, use your TDS meter as a guide. If your tds are increasing then your DI resin is most likely exhausted. Usually color change DI resin states it on the package.
Hi thanks! I thought it said color changing when I purchased and I resealed it and threw out the packaging but I think it must be depleted.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, ill repeat, c02 present in the system may be the issue.

I had co2 cause color changing resins to output 2+ tds and no apparent color change.
As soon as i started putting degassed RO through the system, the tds returned to 0.

Just my experience.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FM
Back