Fauna Marin Fish plankton - thoughts ? Parasite free ?

sck90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking to buy new food for my fish and this fauna marin fish plankton seems interesting :

Any experience with this product ?

Also, this might sound a little obsessive, but should I be worried about parasites (ich, velvet, etc.) being present in this product ? I am quarantining all fish, corals and inverts, so I really dont want to introduce parasites through food...

Thanks !

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking to buy new food for my fish and this fauna marin fish plankton seems interesting :

Any experience with this product ?

Also, this might sound a little obsessive, but should I be worried about parasites (ich, velvet, etc.) being present in this product ? I am quarantining all fish, corals and inverts, so I really dont want to introduce parasites through food...

Thanks !

Ingredients:​

Neomysis 0.2 – 30 mm, Calanus finmarchicus, Cyclops sp., water, EC-approved antioxidants.

None of these would be wild caught, but lab cultured without the presences of fishes.

Lots of these foods are expensive but I didn't comprare options & prices. GL

OP
OP
S

sck90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ingredients:​

Neomysis 0.2 – 30 mm, Calanus finmarchicus, Cyclops sp., water, EC-approved antioxidants.

None of these would be wild caught, but lab cultured without the presences of fishes.

Lots of these foods are expensive but I didn't comprare options & prices. GL
Thank you ! Makes a lot of sense !

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you ! Makes a lot of sense !
I'm gonna bookmark this reply. It is very unusual. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: :cool:

FYI. I think a lot of coral foods are using the same ingredients (and probably even the same suppliers?) to make these foods. SOme of these things are available as freeze dried and some folks on here sell mixtures of live, and some processed mixtures that contain planktonic critters. THe processed stuff is easiest to deal with but the value of fresh is a question that has been bothering me a bit lately. I think if I was coral I would prefer fresh, but which one(s), and which one tastes best?

OP
OP
S

sck90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna bookmark this reply. It is very unusual. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: :cool:

FYI. I think a lot of coral foods are using the same ingredients (and probably even the same suppliers?) to make these foods. SOme of these things are available as freeze dried and some folks on here sell mixtures of live, and some processed mixtures that contain planktonic critters. THe processed stuff is easiest to deal with but the value of fresh is a question that has been bothering me a bit lately. I think if I was coral I would prefer fresh, but which one(s), and which one tastes best?

In fact, I was looking to buy LRS reef/fish Frenzy, but none of my local stores sell it and I cant seem to make it shipped unless I pay high shipping rates. I am currently feeding mysis and some pellets from time to time, but not all my fish like them. I personally enjoy feeding fish with "real" food, frozen or liquid ready like the fauna marin product. I like the blend principle. Do you know any good blend besides lrs Frenzy and that fauna marin stuff ? Of course, I could make my own blends, but I like to know what is available.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fact, I was looking to buy LRS reef/fish Frenzy, but none of my local stores sell it and I cant seem to make it shipped unless I pay high shipping rates. I am currently feeding mysis and some pellets from time to time, but not all my fish like them. I personally enjoy feeding fish with "real" food, frozen or liquid ready like the fauna marin product. I like the blend principle. Do you know any good blend besides lrs Frenzy and that fauna marin stuff ? Of course, I could make my own blends, but I like to know what is available.
Ahh, I have a solution. Shop for fresh deals on shellfish at the supermarket
Dice and freeze

Attachments

• IMG_3644.jpeg
    IMG_3644.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 15

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back