Fast breathing and discolored clowns

jmira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st photo and video is of our male clown. His color is drastically lighter than usual. His breathing and mouth movement is extremely fast. The 2nd photo and video is our female clown. Her color hasn’t lightened but she’s having the same breathing and mouth movement issue. This started within 4-5 days ago. They normally eat at the surface, but right now they eat as it sinks after our tile fish eats at the surface. Parameters are fine, but did some research. Could be brook, clownfish disease, but needed some help identifying the problem. Established 2.5 yrs, fish same amount of time. Never had this before. Thanks y’all. Hoping to find a way to do a full tank treatment to help them. We have limited resources. Not to be lazy. They are very important to us.

IMG_9775.jpeg IMG_9779.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9777.mov
    20 MB

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've had the tank and fish for 2.5 years, did you make any recent additions or changes to the tank?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I placed new decor. Cleaned and air dried.
This is an odd case. The clowns look like they have velvet, but you said you also have a tilefish in the tank? What other fish do you have, are they showing any symptoms at all?

Generally, Brooklynelka and Velvet get into tanks on a sick fish or sometimes attached to an item from a contaminated tank. It is rare/impossible for a disease to just start up out of the blue after 2+ years.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back