+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance to anyone able to help me identify this thing. Tonight, I just happened to notice a bunch of these little guys come towards the light from my iPhone. They were very fast, and hard to capture with on my iPhone video.

Any ideas? Would be good to know if they are harmful as well.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
A

abeelias

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seeded pods in the tank before as a good food source for some of my picky eaters. Yet, I never saw them do this. These seem a bit more “pest” like. They were quick to hold on to the sand and wiggle themselves down into the sand. I will try and capture a better image.

CLICK TO VIEW

BamboozleBean

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seeded pods in the tank before as a good food source for some of my picky eaters. Yet, I never saw them do this. These seem a bit more “pest” like. They were quick to hold on to the sand and wiggle themselves down into the sand. I will try and capture a better image.
I can’t play the video on my phone but there are many pod like creatures. I’ve seeded tigger pods which almost look like a bug when running around on the glass.

OP
OP
A

abeelias

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for talking me off the ledge, guys. I just added new tank mates (yes, I dipped them) and then tonight this oddity. Hoping they brought me good luck vs heart ache. I will keep you posted if I get a better picture.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
A

abeelias

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took some pictures of some worms I noticed in the sand that were pressed against the glass. Not sure if these are the grown up versions of the tiny things that I noticed earlier in the evening. If so, would love to know what they are.

D97BE330-03D6-4850-B03F-F4281638728F.jpeg ED74E7E7-A01F-4999-8C98-6126F97897BA.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
A

abeelias

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More information... tonight I caught a larger adult (maybe it’s totally different from the original post) on film (see attached) moving sand particles to the surface. I have a strong belief that this isn’t a bristle worm. It acts a bit more intelligently. Any thoughts given this new information?

Attachments

• IMG_0201.MOV
    29.2 MB

flsalty

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More information... tonight I caught a larger adult (maybe it’s totally different from the original post) on film (see attached) moving sand particles to the surface. I have a strong belief that this isn’t a bristle worm. It acts a bit more intelligently. Any thoughts given this new information?
Is that even a worm? Looks like an amphipod to me.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an amphipod. They are a sign of a healthy tank. This is a good amphipod but some aren't.

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance to anyone able to help me identify this thing. Tonight, I just happened to notice a bunch of these little guys come towards the light from my iPhone. They were very fast, and hard to capture with on my iPhone video.

Any ideas? Would be good to know if they are harmful as well.

View attachment 1373188
Copepods. Good food for fish.

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back