Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last Month my PH has been falling. I used to fluctuate from 7.8-8. However during March I never saw 8 once and fluctuated from 7.8-7.5. I’d like to get that back up and while I’m at it get it over that 8 thresh hold. Here’s what I’ve got:

-25g tank
-PH measured with apex probe
-Probe tested yesterday via calibration solution. Was .02 off so I left it as is
-dkh has been rising “on it own”, I assume from increased feeding/nitrate process. 6.8-8.7 currently.
-chaeto running opposite cycle. Running 6hr/night. Grows quickly but seems to make no impact on PH anymore. When main lights go out the ph slowly drops despite the chaeto light turning on.
-no skimmer
-opened a giant window in my office all the way. 0 impact.
-nitrates have been lower than I’d like. Often between .5-1 hence the increased feeding. I’ve been cutting back my chaeto 1x a week to balance between keeping those nitrates off 0 but trying to keep enough to impact PH.
-I have not done a WC in a month due to the nutrients being low.
-never dosed anything to this tank. Have a dos on standby for when that time comes.

I’m wanting to start adding SPS but would like to get the PH and alkalinity stable before I do so. Any suggestions to get this PH up and stable?

CLICK TO VIEW

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using to top off your tank?
0ppm RODI?
RO? Tap?

Do you have any coral to increase uptake of alkalinity?

You can employ lightly saturated kalkwasser into the ATO to help with your low PH. Also, increasing circulation inside the tank by aiming powerheads up towards the surface will help too.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
D

Dine

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using to top off your tank?
0ppm RODI?
RO? Tap?

Do you have any coral to increase uptake of alkalinity?

You can employ lightly saturated kalkwasser into the ATO to help with your low PH. Also, increasing circulation inside the tank by aiming powerheads up towards the surface will help too.
Rodi.

not much to take up dkh yet. About 5 zoa frags (5-15 polyps per) and a torch that about to Split into 1 heads.

pretty good surface agitation. Mp10 breaks the water every time it surges on reef crest and both nozzles on the return break the surface as it cycles through the random flow generator.

OP
OP
D

Dine

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back