• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fab1971 Chalice Group Buy

emerald525

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these from Fab1971 around 6/20 and split them with Bigjohnwoody who is on this forum as well. Just wanted to say if he ever has anything up for sale his prices are great. He has quite the chalice collection and he is a great guy to deal with. He also hooked up up with a lot of freebies.

These are in a 150 gallon tank on the side. I have an 8 bulb T-5 ATI PM with the following bulb combo.
ATI blue plus, purple pluss, blue pluss, purple plus, aquaspecial, blue plus, purple plus and coralplus

Here are a few of the chalices when I originally got them. I didn't take pictures of all of them as I had them shaded and couldn't get a good shot:

DSC01525ARW.jpg

I'm not sure of all of the names but hopefully Frank will chime in and let me know. I did not realize how much they have grown:

DSC01692ARW.jpg

DSC01693ARW.jpg

DSC01694ARW.jpg

DSC01695ARW.jpg

The Orenji seems to be the slowest growing of the group:

DSC01697ARW.jpg

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
emerald525

emerald525

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking awesome Emerald! Widowmaker and the Banana Banshee are so sick. Start force feeding them:wink:

Yes I think the Widowmaker and the Banshee are my favorite. That blue rim is amazing. I feed them once a week John! :). I also like the first one. It has colored up nicely.

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THanks! Great growth and the pics look sharp. Looks like your doing great so far. first one is strawberry orange sherbert and the second is purple war chalice. I don't remember what the freebies are named though :( Have to look them up.

OP
OP
emerald525

emerald525

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THanks! Great growth and the pics look sharp. Looks like your doing great so far. first one is strawberry orange sherbert and the second is purple war chalice. I don't remember what the freebies are named though :( Have to look them up.

Thanks. I really like the Strawberry Orange Sherbert too!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

KLR

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those chalices look phenomenal! Great start to a grow out and great choice of a seller to get the chalices from!

I have to ask how do you get such perfect colors out of your Banana Banshee? Mine is brown with yellow eyes. No red and no blue.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
emerald525

emerald525

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those chalices look phenomenal! Great start to a grow out and great choice of a seller to get the chalices from!

I have to ask how do you get such perfect colors out of your Banana Banshee? Mine is brown with yellow eyes. No red and no blue.

Thanks! The blue rim is really amazing. I'm not sure why. I seem to get the best coloration in the lower par. If you look closely in the picture below I have them on a rack so that they are not bothered by hermits and other tank in habitants. The last time I borrowed a par meter the par was about 215. My lighting is all t-5s and I put the bulb combo I use in the first post.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
emerald525

emerald525

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

Just an update John! These were fragged a week ago and are healing well. I will let them heal another week or two and then you should be getting an early Christmas present!:bigsmile:

DSC02011ARW.jpg

DSC02016ARW.jpg

DSC02015ARW.jpg

The Banana Banshee probably was the most stressed and lost a little color but it is coming back now and looking great!

DSC02018ARW.jpg

DSC02022ARW.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back