Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying a Waterbox MarineX 110.4, am wondering if I should invest in the extended warranty coverage it $200 for 3 years or $300 for 5 years. I generally don’t buy extended warranty, but this is such a big investment. Interested in what are some of the opinions of experienced reefers. This is an upgrade from a JBJ AIO 65, I don’t believe my LFS even offered me an extended warranty when I bought it 3 years ago. Thanks

AS

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying a Waterbox MarineX 110.4, am wondering if I should invest in the extended warranty coverage it $200 for 3 years or $300 for 5 years. I generally don’t buy extended warranty, but this is such a big investment. Interested in what are some of the opinions of experienced reefers. This is an upgrade from a JBJ AIO 65, I don’t believe my LFS even offered me an extended warranty when I bought it 3 years ago. Thanks
What does the so called 'extended' warranty cover - more to the point what does it NOT cover.

IME, they're not worth the paper they're printed on.

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aye, a very good point! What are the T/Cs? Have a look though and ultimately; subject to those- determine if it has any value to you to add this layer of additional protection to your new system.

Also check and compare with your own insurance, you might be covered for the most important things.

It is a big investment; sadly $200-300 hardly makes a dent in this hobby.. :(

The failure rate on the Waterbox Aquariums are very low so have that in mind as well! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back