Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting a frag delivery from TCK today, travelling from NY to CA. Due to Fed-Ex delays, they will now deliver tomorrow. I'm curious how your frags have come out of this if you've experienced similar.

While the frags may not arrive DOA, was there a slow decline in health over the next few days, ultimately leading to death?
Did your vendor make an exception and extend their guarantee out several days due to the additional 24 hour delay?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting a frag delivery from TCK today, travelling from NY to CA. Due to Fed-Ex delays, they will now deliver tomorrow. I'm curious how your frags have come out of this if you've experienced similar.

While the frags may not arrive DOA, was there a slow decline in health over the next few days, ultimately leading to death?
Did your vendor make an exception and extend their guarantee out several days due to the additional 24 hour delay?
Send them the email for the delay, see what they say?!
Communication is always the best way.

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have. Their response was just send them pics if DOA, but did not address my question on an extended warranty.

My thread here is more about trying to see what others' experience has been, more so on how your frags fared in the days/weeks after.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Doctor Derp

Review score
+2 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on corals surviving a 24 hour delay. Bought a frag that sat overnight in local shipping facility. Showed up first thing the next morning with the polyps still out on the cold bag.

Had a box delivered to a wrong address and hour away, in very cold weather for us, and lost a dozen plus pieces.

Top Shelf Aquatics

YOYOYOReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have. Their response was just send them pics if DOA, but did not address my question on an extended warranty.

My thread here is more about trying to see what others' experience has been, more so on how your frags fared in the days/weeks after.
Extended warranty? why would any vendor do that?
one suggestion is to not ship in the winter or the heat of summer, and generally if you are shipping to use air , even then flights get off schedule

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extended warranty? why would any vendor do that?
one suggestion is to not ship in the winter or the heat of summer, and generally if you are shipping to use air , even then flights get off schedule
It was a question, not an expectation. While not expected, if a vendor is willing to modify their warranty based on a circumstance like this, it creates good will, is a sign of going above and beyond, and creates repeat customers.

I understand it's not the vendor's fault. But it's also not the customer's fault. No one wants to be out money on either side so a compromise between both parties is worth the ask.

Nutramar Foods
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back