Evo 13.5 Light

YANITED

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just wondering if it’s worth paying £240 for the AI Prime 16HD or if I should just go for the Nicrew 50w for £112, the light will be going on an evo 13.5. Thank you

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just wondering if it’s worth paying £240 for the AI Prime 16HD or if I should just go for the Nicrew 50w for £112, the light will be going on an evo 13.5. Thank you
It rather depends on what your plans are for the tank :)

The standard lighting is fine for LPS/SPS coral.

If you're planning on SPS heavy, then I run my Prime 16HD at 90% so I don't think a lower wattage fitting would work out.

edit: I meant the standard light is good for LPS/Soft Coral. It's no go for SPS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the nicrew is a very good budget light, I have a nicrew and an ai prime. The ai prime will be stronger than the nicrew 50 watts. So as mentioned above it depends what kind of corals you want to keep.

Another option is the nicrew 100 watt, which I think is still cheaper than ai prime and although overpowered for that tank, you can turn it down, and it will will be good if you want to upgrade the tank. I run the 100 watt on a 32 gallon.

But there there other options wait for more suggestions. Good luck.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Y

YANITED

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It rather depends on what your plans are for the tank :)

The standard lighting is fine for LPS/SPS coral.

If you're planning on SPS heavy, then I run my Prime 16HD at 90% so I don't think a lower wattage fitting would work out.

edit: I meant the standard light is good for LPS/Soft Coral. It's no go for SPS.
I want to keep all sorts of corals tbh. Sps, lps, softies all sorts so I think I will just go with the AI Prime cause you get what you pay for and i’d rather get the best now rather than have to get one later down the line anyways. Thank you for your reply

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back