Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting 3 different tanks:

A 30 gallon Quarantine tank that sits on my office
A 46 gallon Bowfront acrylic tank that sits on my living room
A 125 gallon standard tank that sits on my tank.

I am trying to equip them as much as i can but i am on a budget. So i am resourcing as much as i can to second hand equipment or generic alternatives.

Return pump i got jebao dcp-3500 , SCA -302 Protein skimmer , repurposed an old wet /dry as sump (no bioballs) , Nicrew reef led 100w with the led controller ( clone of kessil spectral) for the 46 gal. This tank will be softie tank with some clowns and other smaill fish , may be some duncans and candy canes.

For the quarantine i am going with a seachem tidal filter an aquaknigt 30 watt light , some live rock over a bare bottom.

The 125 gallon i want it to be a mixed reef mostly soft and lps and some easy sps . I currently have for it 2 150w Euroquatic Led angel a1p's and i got 1 Maxspect Razor 120 w . The Euroquatic are new old stock that i got from ebay dirty cheap (80 usd) . Maxspect is in good shape , old model but works , got it from somebody that went out of the hobby among other stuff. Got also a bubble magus roller .

Do anybody know about the Euroquatics ?

they seem very well made , made in holland . Materials feel solid , light is good .

I know the company went out of business , that is a shame as the lights have wifi , were modular and look well made . Only con is that app was deprecated. Not a big issue as i was able to download an old version of the app for android.

I know i could go with Nicrew or Smartfarm for some modern cheap lights for the 125 gal . But honestly the build quality does not feel good. That is why decided to go the route of finding some used equipment.

Do you think the output should be enough for my purpose on the 125 . I am just coming back to the hobby after some good time off (switched country).

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
miguelvega76

miguelvega76

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting 3 different tanks: A 30 gallon Quarantine tank that sits on my office A 46 gallon Bowfront acrylic tank that sits on my living room A 125 gallon standard tank that sits on my tank. I am trying to equip them as much as i can but i am on a budget. So i am resourcing as much as i can to second hand equipment or generic alternatives. Return pump i got jebao dcp-3500 , SCA -302 Protein skimmer , repurposed an old wet /dry as sump (no bioballs) , Nicrew reef led 100w with the led controller ( clone of kessil spectral) for the 46 gal. This tank will be softie tank with some clowns and other smaill fish , may be some duncans and candy canes. For the quarantine i am going with a seachem tidal filter an aquaknigt 30 watt light , some live rock over a bare bottom. The 125 gallon i want it to be a mixed reef mostly soft and lps and some easy sps . I currently have for it 2 150w Euroquatic Led angel a1p's and i got 1 Maxspect Razor 120 w . The Euroquatic are new old stock that i got from ebay dirty cheap (80 usd) . Maxspect is in good shape , old model but works , got it from somebody that went out of the hobby among other stuff. Got also a bubble magus roller . Do anybody know about the Euroquatics ? they seem very well made , made in holland . Materials feel solid , light is good . I know the company went out of business , that is a shame as the lights have wifi , were modular and look well made . Only con is that app was deprecated. Not a big issue as i was able to download an old version of the app for android. I know i could go with Nicrew or Smartfarm for some modern cheap lights for the 125 gal . But honestly the build quality does not feel good. That is why decided to go the route of finding some used equipment. Do you think the output should be enough for my purpose on the 125 . I am just coming back to the hobby after some good time off (switched country).
I am starting 3 different tanks: A 30 gallon Quarantine tank that sits on my office A 46 gallon Bowfront acrylic tank that sits on my living room A 125 gallon standard tank that sits on my tank. I am trying to equip them as much as i can but i am on a budget. So i am resourcing as much as i can to second hand equipment or generic alternatives. Return pump i got jebao dcp-3500 , SCA -302 Protein skimmer , repurposed an old wet /dry as sump (no bioballs) , Nicrew reef led 100w with the led controller ( clone of kessil spectral) for the 46 gal. This tank will be softie tank with some clowns and other smaill fish , may be some duncans and candy canes. For the quarantine i am going with a seachem tidal filter an aquaknigt 30 watt light , some live rock over a bare bottom. The 125 gallon i want it to be a mixed reef mostly soft and lps and some easy sps . I currently have for it 2 150w Euroquatic Led angel a1p's and i got 1 Maxspect Razor 120 w . The Euroquatic are new old stock that i got from ebay dirty cheap (80 usd) . Maxspect is in good shape , old model but works , got it from somebody that went out of the hobby among other stuff. Got also a bubble magus roller . Do anybody know about the Euroquatics ? they seem very well made , made in holland . Materials feel solid , light is good . I know the company went out of business , that is a shame as the lights have wifi , were modular and look well made . Only con is that app was deprecated. Not a big issue as i was able to download an old version of the app for android. I know i could go with Nicrew or Smartfarm for some modern cheap lights for the 125 gal . But honestly the build quality does not feel good. That is why decided to go the route of finding some used equipment. Do you think the output should be enough for my purpose on the 125 . I am just coming back to the hobby after some good time off (switched country).

So , i was able to update the firmware on the euroquatics led angels using firmware found on this forum. I was able to found the old app for android on an apk repository. I could program them and link them using "euronet" . The feature is cool as it does not need cables to use them as master slave. You can program them using a web page or the phone. The build quality is top notch . These ran 700 each when they were released. I got them new in box from ebay , no signs at all of usage. They were 80 usd a piece for a 150w led light that is wifi enabled and can control five channels

I also tested the nicrew 100w on my 46 gal bow front with the hyper reef controller. It is good overall.
I got a Aquaknight 2nd gen for my 29 gallon that is used as quarantine tank. It was used , light is good for the wattage , but is cumbersome to program. That is a dirty cheap light but you get what you pay , i would prefer the nicrew. I have not done a lot of testing on the maxspect.

Any feedback or experience that you can share would be greatly appreciated

AS
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back