Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a used 75g drilled with the eshopps eclipse L overflow. It's just one of the bulkheads that leaks. Solutions I've tried:
- New bulkhead (tried an amazon one + brs one)
- Swapping the bulkheads (ex: left bulkhead is leaking and I swap with middle one, the middle one now on left is not leaking, the left one in the middle is still leaking, this shows that it's not the hole but the bulkhead and seems like I'm installing it correctly as well)

Only solutions left I can think of are buying the specific bulkhead from eshopps, or siliconing it. I really want to avoid siliconing it because I have read that it can cause leaks down the road, and it's properly installed dry. Anyone have any more solutions or tips?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

mfinn

likes zoanthids
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I've drilled holes for bulkhead fittings, there is always a tiny gap where the bulkhead goes through the glass.
I have always used just enough silicone to fill that gap, being careful to keep it off the rubber gaskets.
This seems to work for me. out of a couple dozen bulkheads installed only one developed a tiny leak after a few years and it was a bottom drilled hole.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!
Back