Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to replace my sump with the Eshopps adv-100. Is anyone familiar with this model? Is there a way to control the depth in the skimmer section? I emailed their customer service a week ago and still no response. I guess they are still trying to figure it out themselves. But really does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

AquaCave Logo Banner

tdileo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this sump. The skimmer section (large one taking up an entire side) has an adjustable level but it fluctuates with evaporation which is the only thing I dislike about the sump design. I put my refugium in that section and put my skimmer into the fuge area and built a PVC platform to get to a good working depth.

OP
OP
docvin

docvin

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this sump. The skimmer section (large one taking up an entire side) has an adjustable level but it fluctuates with evaporation which is the only thing I dislike about the sump design. I put my refugium in that section and put my skimmer into the fuge area and built a PVC platform to get to a good working depth.
Are you using the built in ATO, would that help or Do you think if I put a different ATO in the skimmer section it will help?

AquaCave Logo Banner

tdileo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATO could go in the skimmer or return section as both will fluctuate with evaporation since they’re all connected. I don’t own an ATO though so a manual top off once a day or every 2 days doesn’t keep a skimmer functioning well so it’s in the center.

OP
OP
docvin

docvin

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATO could go in the skimmer or return section as both will fluctuate with evaporation since they’re all connected. I don’t own an ATO though so a manual top off once a day or every 2 days doesn’t keep a skimmer functioning well so it’s in the center.
Thanks that was helpful

Top Shelf Aquatics

Ahmed Ghamdi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its late
I have the sump, its the worst sump you can get
1- the water fluctuate is skimmer compartment so your skimmer won’t work effectively when the water evaporates
2- the water level in return and skimmer compartments are the same, that means I can’t use the float valve for ATO
3- the prop holder in skimmer compartment is 3 inch above the water surface, it’s weird thing because there are no props in the market designed like this
4- Eshopps customer service are very bad, it took them weeks to reply to my concerns, and at the end one of the managers told me (I don’t know how can I help you)
5- the sump is very noisy, its not quite as they mentioned, its water fall noisy

I saw a video on youtube where he could manage to control the water levels in the compartments, but I don’t know how did he do it

Eshopps told me that I’m using a big (high flow) return pump, and they recommend 600 gph pump then I replaced my pump to a 600 gph pump but still the same problem

Please let me know if you bought the same sump and you face the same issues

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back