Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys so I recently got a emporer angel from my lfs and after around a day of being in my tank the emporer has these weird white blotches, he was rubbing against my frogspawn if that changes anything. I'm pretty sure it's not ich since none of my other fish have it and it's bigger looking than ich I've seen. Thanks guys.

DA570506-7505-4A25-B5F7-F5113C992FB5.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi guys so I recently got a emporer angel from my lfs and after around a day of being in my tank the emporer has these weird white blotches, he was rubbing against my frogspawn if that changes anything. I'm pretty sure it's not ich since none of my other fish have it and it's bigger looking than ich I've seen. Thanks guys.

View attachment 3113433
This is very common with Butterflies and large angels and known as Lymphocystis. Lympho is a condition and not disease. Often its associated with water quality issue as simple as elevated ammonia or nitrate and can be that of water from LFS and not yours. Assure to provide Good water quality monitored by a reliable test kit and feed nutritious food with fats such as LRS nano frenzy and mysis shrimp.

OP
OP
O

oliverout

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very common with Butterflies and large angels and known as Lymphocystis. Lympho is a condition and not disease. Often its associated with water quality issue as simple as elevated ammonia or nitrate and can be that of water from LFS and not yours. Assure to provide Good water quality monitored by a reliable test kit and feed nutritious food with fats such as LRS nano frenzy and mysis shrimp.
Thank you that is relieving. I appreciate the help.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 3113433
The white growths on the edges of the fins is Lymphocystis, a viral disease this species is prone to. It may get worse, but it will go away on its own in a few months. The scratching may not be from this though - this species is also susceptible to Neobendenia flukes, so watch for cloudy eyes developing.

Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Join the movement!
Back