Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter recently got me an adult Emperor. All has been going well until today. I noticed two sores on him, one one each side. I attached a picture.
121B609D-BD3D-4F59-BBEC-78A14D3832E9.jpeg
F88AC2A2-9731-45CE-A5A3-2927C9DB5F6A.jpeg
All the other fish seems fine. Just for reference it is 125 gal other fish include foxface, hippo tang, clownfish, tomani tang, bangai cardinal, puffer, banded shrimp, sally lightfoot, misc hermit crabs and snails.

Corals.com

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to Reef2Reef!

What is history of this fish? Was it a recent import? Did it go through any quarantine? How long have you had it? Is it eating well?
It looks a bit thin, the location of the lesion, on the gill spine is pretty common if these fish get caught in a net.
Jay

OP
OP
P

Prissie1224

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to Reef2Reef!

What is history of this fish? Was it a recent import? Did it go through any quarantine? How long have you had it? Is it eating well?
It looks a bit thin, the location of the lesion, on the gill spine is pretty common if these fish get caught in a net.
Jay
He came from the local pet store. I’m not sure where they got him . Sometimes they get owner surrenders in addition to what they order. It’s a small private store and they quarantined him for me as I don’t currently have an extra tank. He is eating great. These spots seemed to come out of nowhere.

Nutramar Foods

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just visually, this appears to be a bacterial infection - possibly from an injury while it was being moved (depending on how long it has been in your tank). Your options are very limited since you don't have a treatment tank. Medicated foods are one option, but really, to do that correctly is VERY complicated. People often just soak food in medicine, but that is like your doctor handing you some pills and telling you to "just take some every once in a while). Here is an article I posted on that topic:

Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back