Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I've had this Angel for about 36 days. I did a full round of Copper power at 2.5ppm steady removed all the copper and fish has been in Prazipro for about 4 days now. He has been eating great every single day until today but today was pellet day which I know he is extremely not fond of so I am not worried about it. But I am worried that this white spotting has not disappeared. You can see some lympho on him which developed a few days into the copper which from my knowledge is common. Been really focusing on water quality with him and giving selcon few days out of the week to try and take care of this lympho. I really am concerned with this white spotting though I am positive the fish has flukes so maybe that's what this spotting is? Any advice / suggestions would be helpful. Will answer any questions anyone has as well.

SG - 1.024
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - very low but present
Nitrate - 0

IMG_0683.jpg IMG_0680.jpg IMG_0682.jpg IMG_0684.jpg IMG_0685.jpg IMG_0679.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello all I've had this Angel for about 36 days. I did a full round of Copper power at 2.5ppm steady removed all the copper and fish has been in Prazipro for about 4 days now. He has been eating great every single day until today but today was pellet day which I know he is extremely not fond of so I am not worried about it. But I am worried that this white spotting has not disappeared. You can see some lympho on him which developed a few days into the copper which from my knowledge is common. Been really focusing on water quality with him and giving selcon few days out of the week to try and take care of this lympho. I really am concerned with this white spotting though I am positive the fish has flukes so maybe that's what this spotting is? Any advice / suggestions would be helpful. Will answer any questions anyone has as well.

SG - 1.024
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - very low but present
Nitrate - 0

View attachment 2939627 View attachment 2939632 View attachment 2939633 View attachment 2939635 View attachment 2939636 View attachment 2939637
This appears to be velvet and I see you have it already in Quarantine. If you are medicating tank, what are you medicating with and how long have you been treating ?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Steve and his Animals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know the fish has flukes, that's definitely what the spotting is from. The flukes often leave discoloration where they are/have been attached. Has this tank/filter been exposed to prazi before? Or is this the first time you've treated with it?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This appears to be velvet and I see you have it already in Quarantine. If you are medicating tank, what are you medicating with and how long have you been treating ?
Its already gone through 30 days of copper. Plus no symptoms of velvet which is why I was comfortable taking it out of copper after 30 days. It's currently in Prazipro this is the 4th day he's been in prazi.

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know the fish has flukes, that's definitely what the spotting is from. The flukes often leave discoloration where they are/have been attached. Has this tank/filter been exposed to prazi before? Or is this the first time you've treated with it?
The tank has had prazi in it few months ago with a different batch of fish but after i treated those fish I drained the whole tank and scrubbed everything so that there was none of the bacteria that eats the prazi inside of the QT still.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not velvet. Angels get these stress spots in medications. Happened to mine in QT. Is there any other symptoms of strange behavior otherwise?

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not velvet. Angels get these stress spots in medications. Happened to mine in QT. Is there any other symptoms of strange behavior otherwise?
I have not noticed anything. He's been eating great no yawning no scratching/flashing. No rapid breathing.

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I circled I believe is coloration under the skin. All of my juveniles have had this. Yours may be approaching the tween stage.

I don’t believe it is an illness at all. Just normal pigmentation.
I would like to note. Some days I don't see the colors the same. Some days the color is a bit spotty. Is this normal?

Nutramar Foods

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to note. Some days I don't see the colors the same. Some days the color is a bit spotty. Is this normal?
Yes, wether it is caused by stress or just normal cycles, you can find many fish that look different when they are active vs relaxed or “sleeping”.

Just watch for labored breathing, erratic swim patterns, or flashing (rubbing on sand, rock, pvc etc)

I assume you have pvc or something for him to hide in.

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, wether it is caused by stress or just normal cycles, you can find many fish that look different when they are active vs relaxed or “sleeping”.

Just watch for labored breathing, erratic swim patterns, or flashing (rubbing on sand, rock, pvc etc)

I assume you have pvc or something for him to hide in.
Roger that. Yeah he's got pvc in there doesnt go in it much unless the light is off. I really like this fish he's got quite the personality eats right out of my fingers lol.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not noticed anything. He's been eating great no yawning no scratching/flashing. No rapid breathing.
I wouldn't worry. Just monitor him. Many angels get these spots during QT. How is the water quality?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry. Just monitor him. Many angels get these spots during QT. How is the water quality?
Water quality is fine I test it daily very small amounts of nitrite. 0 ammonia. 0 nitrate not sure why the nitrites aren't converting but its a small amount so i am not worried.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If flukes, some signs will be gills will be red or swollen with rapid breathing, fish acting lethargic or swimming near the water surface, hiding in the corner of tank or behind rocks, loss of appetite, shaking its head, flashing/darting, develop clamped fins, , or scratching against objects. They may also exhibit what looks like yawning from gill irritation develop, cloudy eyes and loss of color . Yes can also be stress spots but the prolonged spots is what made me suspect velvet but if treatment was administered- Keep an eye on him

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a whole tank full of angels and introduced ich somehow. Think maybe a Bella goby that I was afraid wasn’t eating in QT. Didn’t have anywhere to QT them as all of mine were full with new fish. Lost them all. Mid February my tank will be done with fallow period and I can start over.

Corals.com
OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a whole tank full of angels and introduced ich somehow. Think maybe a Bella goby that I was afraid wasn’t eating in QT. Didn’t have anywhere to QT them as all of mine were full with new fish. Lost them all. Mid February my tank will be done with fallow period and I can start over.
What a nightmare. Sorry to hear. I've worked pretty hard to keep my tank clean of anything out there I have a scopas and two clowns that I qt'd and they have been doing amazing this emperor is next up at the end of this prazi cycle.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Biota Marine Life
Back