Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night all three of my WAV powerheads stopped working. Is this another EB832 failure or did all of my pumps just decide to fail on the same day?

If anyone has experienced anything like this, what's the fix?
Have you taken them apart and cleaned them? I run AI Nero’s and recently had to reset one. Had to unplug and reset. Then it went back to working. Might try that.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are one of your pumps died. There was an older issue, not sure if they addressed it on not, that if one of the pumps died, 1Link interface breaks. Try disconnecting them one by one to see if it fixes the issue for 2 of your pumps.

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What is your wattage at that outlet with all 3 pumps ? Have you tried plugging them into a different input on the EB832? Try one at a time and see if any respond. Other can be slime buildup in the impeller channel as well as socket failure.
Try the little yellow reset button on back of EB832 and see if outlets respond or remove and reinstall them on fusion

_AV

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are one of your pumps died. There was an older issue, not sure if they addressed it on not, that if one of the pumps died, 1Link interface breaks. Try disconnecting them one by one to see if it fixes the issue for 2 of your pumps.
This.
It's not hard to disable all of 1link interfaces with only one device failing.
Disconnect all three. Then reconnect one at a time to see if any of them come back. If not, I'd first blame aquabus/1link before I'd believe that three pumps failed concurrently.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your wattage at that outlet with all 3 pumps ? Have you tried plugging them into a different input on the EB832? Try one at a time and see if any respond. Other can be slime buildup in the impeller channel as well as socket failure.
Try the little yellow reset button on back of EB832 and see if outlets respond or remove and reinstall them on fusion

With 3 pumps, all 1Link sockets are prob occupied.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
GillMeister

GillMeister

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unplugged the first one and my EB's started flashing and all outlets went dead. I unplugged the other two, rebooted and everything powered up again. I'm not sure how I should go about plugging the WAVs in again. I don't want to fry anything.

_AV

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eh, you don't have a whole lot of options. Either start plugging each one of them one at a time or send everything in for a repair. Which you'd be doing anyway if everything gets fried.
You may have to reboot the unit to get it back up if the failed pump messes the comm again. But if that's all you need to do, it's not that bad. If those pumps didn't fry the head unit or the EB8 yet while being continuously plugged in for hours now, there is a good chance they won't do it when you are just connecting for a few seconds either.

CLICK TO VIEW

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unplugged the first one and my EB's started flashing and all outlets went dead. I unplugged the other two, rebooted and everything powered up again. I'm not sure how I should go about plugging the WAVs in again. I don't want to fry anything.

Shouldn't fry anything, but it would be safer to plug them in while EB832 is unplugged.

AquaCave Logo Banner

_AV

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Unplug EB832
2. Plug in the WAV
3. Plug in EB832
I wouldn't. Not sure if it'd make any positive difference. With Eb832 powered down, you'd now have wait for everything initialized and loaded on every power cycle. Too many variables and too long to wait in case the pump needs to be unplugged quickly.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't. Not sure if it'd make any positive difference. With Eb832 powered down, you'd now have wait for everything initialized and loaded on every power cycle. Too many variables and too long to wait in case the pump needs to be unplugged quickly.

Can argue with that, it was only a suggestion for the OP in regards to potentially frying stuff. Still unclear why all EB832's powered down from disconnecting one 1Link... I've never experienced that personally.

_AV

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can argue with that, it was only a suggestion for the OP in regards to potentially frying stuff. Still unclear why all EB832's powered down from disconnecting one 1Link... I've never experienced that personally.
It was probably not a full power down but the loss of power at 120v outlets. Easy to explain. Assuming the faulty pump controller interferes with aquabus comm, and I've seen this happen enough, the connectivity to all modules is lost until the fault is disconnected. Unless the apex is programmed for fallback ON all outlets, it will shut them off when EB832 looses connection to the head unit. Only those outlets with fallback ON setting will remain ON when the EB832 is in standalone mode.

Nutramar Foods

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was probably not a full power down but the loss of power at 120v outlets. Easy to explain. Assuming the faulty pump controller interferes with aquabus comm, and I've seen this happen enough, the connectivity to all modules is lost until the fault is disconnected. Unless the apex is programmed for fallback ON all outlets, it will shut them off when EB832 looses connection to the head unit. Only those outlets with fallback ON setting will remain ON when the EB832 is in standalone mode.
I agree with your logic, but, it happened when a single pump was disconnected. That didn't make a lot of sense to me, almost felt like a short somewhere.

Corals.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Great as i thought. Now try to rest the EB932 in whole

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back