EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED Regarding Switch Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am controlling an aquarium system in another state with GHL and just noticed that my RO/DI tank is not filling. It has been fine for the past 5 months with the booster pump plugged into SWITCH CHANNEL 6 which is controlled with a TIMER. Twice a week the booster pump is turned on for several hours. If the tank fills too high it, a Spectrapure Level Control shuts off the booster pump.

In the App (and My GHL Cloud), on the Switch Channel page, there is a blue bar on the bottom of the page that I never saw before. It reads, "Configure Digital Powerbars/Dosing Units". When I click on that, it goes to another window, "Configure Digital Devices." Under this is a choice of either "Digital Device connected on S1-S4 (Outputs 1-24); OR, "Digital Device connected on S5-S8 (Outputs 25-48).

I clicked the first one, S1-S4 and that took me to "Select What You Want to Program"
1. Numbering of digital powerbar
2. Numbering of a Dosing Unit

3. Initial State of Digital powerbar

I'm hesitant to do anything without understanding what is going on and am wondering why any of this is showing up after it's been working fine for so long.

Is it possible that if a circuit breaker blew, this could in some way happen? Two of my 3 Wyze cameras aren't connecting which is complicating matters.

I have to get this fixed ASAP, before I run out of RODI water that siphons to a float valve in my sump.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

TigerReef

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dr. Jim
Is the blue bar
like this:
82C583E6-84C6-4E6F-BBD9-BD2C01A50643.png

If so, I think it has always been there. At least through the last couple updates.

Maybe @Lasse can help with your ATO?

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT TUCH "Configure Digital Powerbars/Dosing Units" It only for the old Doser 1 and first digital power bars that use S1-4 or S5-8. I suppose you use power bars connected with PAB. This can´t be your problem.

What´s you real problem is - I do not know. Does your program show on when the timer runs? Is your Spectrapure Level Control unit between the channel 6 outlet and the booster pump - it can be level control that is broken.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT TUCH "Configure Digital Powerbars/Dosing Units" It only for the old Doser 1 and first digital power bars that use S1-4 or S5-8. I suppose you use power bars connected with PAB. This can´t be your problem.

What´s you real problem is - I do not know. Does your program show on when the timer runs? Is your Spectrapure Level Control unit between the channel 6 outlet and the booster pump - it can be level control that is broken.

Sincerely Lasse
I haven't really touched anything yet.... just looked at it...... so haven't screwed anything up yet! :)

I'm now wondering if everything is OK. The RODI tank being only 1/3 full coupled with that blue bar that I never saw before made me think that something is wrong. I'm hoping that it is as simple as the Timer not being set for a long enough period but it's been fine for 5 months so it may not be that simple. I have to wait until tomorrow when the lights are on so I can look at the RODI tank with the Wyze camera. I changed the TIMER setting to "ALWAYS ON" so the tank should be filled by morning if it is working. I'll post again then. (It's 8:30pm here now).

Thank you Lasse!

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if we woke you!! Hope you didn't get out of bed for this!
Nope - Hadn't even come near the bed when I replied to your post :)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope - Hadn't even come near the bed when I replied to your post :)

Sincerely Lasse
Thank god for that! I would have felt awful if I interrupted your beauty rest! :)

Good news: This morning I can see (with the camera) that the RODI tank filled. I'm now assuming that the timer wasn't set for a long enough period to allow the booster pump to run. That is a little odd because it had been fine for 5 months but maybe the level had been creeping down without me noticing. I will increase the timer hours and see if that works.

Sorry for my panic. The blue bar on the App (coupled with the low RODI water level) through me off and I really didn't want to travel 1400 miles to fix this!

Thank you all for helping!

Jim

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back