Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone ever used these before? I would like to use these in combination with my philips coralcare gen2s but i dont know if it will be able to support them since they almost way 15kg together above a 4ft tank. before i spend a fortune on these mounts for them to bend...
Also what size would fit a 4ft tank best in anyones experience?

chrome_XEnoKEksa1.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Hats_

Hats_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suspend the rail if you have that much weight going on it. Also, if you want to save a few bucks, look into a 3030 size t-rail. easy to mount anything to it.
thing is, i cant suspend things, that is why i am looking into this. my landlord doesnt allow me to drill in the roof... Also want a sleek looking option and i think these look pretty sleek

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Hats_

Hats_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rail is solid and would probably hold the weight but I don't think the arms would hold up to that weight.
not even if you have the 2 arms to divide the weight? i assume you screw the rail to the arm so i thought the rail would be the weakest link?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not even if you have the 2 arms to divide the weight? i assume you screw the rail to the arm so i thought the rail would be the weakest link?
The rail and the main part of the arm are aluminum but the mount is plastic. The plastic scares be a bit. I don't know the weight of XR30s off the top of my head but if 3 of them are equivalent weight then the rail will hold it.

Avast

neonreef3d

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thing is, i cant suspend things, that is why i am looking into this. my landlord doesnt allow me to drill in the roof... Also want a sleek looking option and i think these look pretty sleek
If you have space in the back, you can attach a rail on each side going vertical, and a 90 degree going over the tank with a long crossbar, but peninsula style tanks would only require 2 rails.
image022.jpeg
that would depend on the tank style.

OP
OP
Hats_

Hats_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a regular reefer 350, what system is this?
If you have space in the back, you can attach a rail on each side going vertical, and a 90 degree going over the tank with a long crossbar, but peninsula style tanks would only require 2 rails. View attachment 3110874 that would depend on the tank style.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the RMS rail system on my 72" long tank and the one thing that bugged me the most was with 4 Radion XR30's there was a very noticeable dip in the middle of the rail. I ended up bolting a 3/4" x 3/4" piece of angle iron down the middle of the rail to help give it support. It helped for the most part ( maybe 1" x 1" would have been better), but there still was a very slight dip.
I realize that the 4' length of the rail will be stronger, but I don't think it would be strong enough to support a Coral Care fixture.
Any for what it's worth, I swear the gen 2 fixture weighs more than they are saying.

neonreef3d

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a regular reefer 350, what system is this?
this system is a standard 8020 15 series rail, that has become popular for reefers in the hobby.

We here are NEONREEF3D make mounts for almost all model LED fixtures so you can have multiple brands on a single universal style rail. These rails can be customized according to your setup.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone ever used these before? I would like to use these in combination with my philips coralcare gen2s but i dont know if it will be able to support them since they almost way 15kg together above a 4ft tank. before i spend a fortune on these mounts for them to bend...
Also what size would fit a 4ft tank best in anyones experience?

View attachment 3110457
These things are notorious for sagging. I had wanted to use it over my 6ft tank but decided not to because of that. I ended up using the RMS XR30 mount for each light and guess what they don't sag but they lean forward (even with the spacers) because of a poorly designed bracket :anguished-face:. Not like I have anything crazy just a normal rimmed tank.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies! I think i know my answer now and ill stick to my AI prime and try to sell the CoralCares. I dont think its worth the hassle
Don't look at it as a hassle. Look at the issue as a challenge. Plus the Coral Care gen 2 fixtures are really nice leds.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Hats_

Hats_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't look at it as a hassle. Look at the issue as a challenge. Plus the Coral Care gen 2 fixtures are really nice leds.
I know but i dont have the materials or the space to build a whole frame to hang the lights, also i dont want it all to be an eyesore. I had the suggestion of buying 2 rms frames but thats 500 € to hang 2 leds and thats just bonkers to me. For now they are for sale for a good price and i will be happy to sell them for that, otherwise i may use them in the future when i think of something or when i inevitably move again

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NY
Back