Ecopod 4 pack received! Is this typical stocking density?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I am a big fan of @AlgaeBarn and love their products. Recently got a 4 pack of ecopods to seed my new reef and thought it looked a bit thin. Is this typical density youve experienced? I probably just got used to seeing RN pods dense in those tiny bottles, kinda like a trick of they eye.

Anyways, any re-assurance helps! Ty ❤️
IMG_1222.jpeg

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of figured that for sure! Thanks
I will add that I agree with you that reef nutrition products are way more concentrated.

For on the forums, I have gotten reef by stable and dinkins pods. In terms of density, by eye and microscope they aren’t different. But I do think they are more concentrated than algae barn.

Im a fan of the algae barn phyto because it has longer shelf life and easiest dosing method.

Pods I don’t think density matters if you’re seeding a tank, but if you plan to use pods for feeding. I wouldn’t do algaebarn, just cause the density is the amount of food purchased.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello All!

I am a big fan of @AlgaeBarn and love their products. Recently got a 4 pack of ecopods to seed my new reef and thought it looked a bit thin. Is this typical density youve experienced? I probably just got used to seeing RN pods dense in those tiny bottles, kinda like a trick of they eye.

Anyways, any re-assurance helps! Ty ❤️
IMG_1222.jpeg
Thank you so much for choosing AlgaeBarn! We would love to take a closer look at what you received and get you taken care of if there is something wrong with the product you received! Our jars are packed with Nauplii that are unable to be seen with the naked eye which is why they might have the appearance of not being as dense. We periodically sample what we are loading into the jars fresh each day! But we always say if you are not 100% satisfied with what you received to please reach out to our support team that way we can get you taken care of!

Do you happen to have pictures of your jars under white lights? or pictures of the bottoms of the jars?

~Sam

OP
OP
enlighten

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for choosing AlgaeBarn! We would love to take a closer look at what you received and get you taken care of if there is something wrong with the product you received! Our jars are packed with Nauplii that are unable to be seen with the naked eye which is why they might have the appearance of not being as dense. We periodically sample what we are loading into the jars fresh each day! But we always say if you are not 100% satisfied with what you received to please reach out to our support team that way we can get you taken care of!

Do you happen to have pictures of your jars under white lights? or pictures of the bottoms of the jars?

~Sam
I put them in my tanks shortly after that picture. I have noticed my tanks taking off with copepods so I am happy to see them now!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put them in my tanks shortly after that picture. I have noticed my tanks taking off with copepods so I am happy to see them now!
That is excellent news! Please let us know if you need anything at all in the future, we are more than happy to help!

~Sam

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back