Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all it’s been a minute I have a baby dwarf seahorse left that’s about 2 months old and a pair of dwarf seahorses, I have struggled with Hydroid colonies for a month plus I have manually removed and scrub off they still come back since I feed live bbs. I have lost 3 adult dwarf seahorses and struggle to keep a dwarf alive for over 4-5 months I plan to switch to a Seahorse rather than a dwarf seahorse eventually. Any thoughts and of course with my tank size of 10 gallons I can only have 1 pair or just a single? And would the mandarin goby be fine living with a large seahorse rather than the dwarves it does now .

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a mandarin or a pair of seahorses should not be in a 10 gallon, its much too small. A pair of seahorses should be in a 30 gallon minimum, same for mandarin. Mandarins and seahorses also eat the same foods, mainly copepods, so they will compete for the pods. A mandarin is an exploring/roaming type of fish, it will explore a whole tank, but very confined in a 10 gallon. Please do some more research into their care

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back