Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a spare 30 gallon that I would like to make into a predatory tank and I was wondering if I can keep something like a fu Manchu lion and a small eel like a jewel moray together by themselves in that tank

MarineandReef Jaron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rule for eels is that the tank should be long enough that the eel can stretch out completely as an adult. Eels don't need to swim like other fish but they should be able to stretch out. Jeweled morays can get 2 feet long so most 30-gallon cube-type tanks will not let the eel fully stretch out I would prefer a 30-gallon that was longer. If I had a 30in or preferably 36in long tank the Jeweled Moray would be fine IMO

On the other hand eels and Lions are dirty messy fish. It would be very hard to keep a 30 gallon tank clean with this high of a bioload.

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fu, yes; the eel no. There is no eel that will work in the 30g except for the dwarf golden. The dwarf golden is a fang tooth eel that many times becomes a vicious biter in maturity, and is not recommended with lions. The jeweled moray is a dangerous fang tooth eel that needs a minimum of 75g and at least 125g(180g better) if you want to keep fish with them. If you are serious about keeping a fu manchu, click my name and "find all threads", the fu will likely not live long without the inclusion of live foods. The fu is the only dwarf lion that would be suitable for the 30g, tge others would be best in at least a 55g.

Upvote 0
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back