Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently came across Duncans and were interested in adding in the tank. I’ve read mixed reviews online with some people mentioning no issues and others cautioning against. From all I’ve read they are peaceful so was curious to understand if anyone kept or any info if they are compatible with seahorses.

Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

lilgrounchuck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t kept seahorses but I’d imagine adults would be ok. If they breed in there the babies might get eaten. I know my Duncan likes medium flow though, and what it’s happiest in seems like it would probably be too much for seahorses, so flow could be an issue.

OP
OP
multsh

multsh

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I can probably work through the flow with positioning, and if they breed would likely need to move anyway.

My bigger concern was stinging (which I've heard they don't sting) and if seahorses branch if there would be injury. Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

sde1500

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Duncan that is making contact with two acro frags I have. It’s been a few weeks of that so far and they both show signs of small amounts of damage. So there is definitely stinging going on. That being said if it was a torch or acan the frags would be fully dead by now. So def a minor sting.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back