Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post on the forum, and I need advice on how to protect my tank following a flood situation.

Long story short, the main drain to my house that is built into the concrete foundation on the first floor has backed up and caused dirt/water to flood the house.

Luckily my reef tank is completely unharmed, but the insurance company will likely want to tear out and replace the floors/drywall to remedy the damage.

Would my tank be ok with the construction around it or will it need to be moved to protect the livestock from paint/debris?

Does anyone have experience explaining these issues to their homeowners insurance?

Any advice/experiences are much appreciated.

BRS

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kbomb wow sorry to see this. Personally, moving the tank would be the last thing I’d want to do. But if your floor is damaged and they need to get under the tank to repair it I don’t think you have a choice. Same that if water is in the drywall you’ll want that removed.

FreshSaltH2o

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had construction in the house back in 2015 I plastic wrapped the entire tank and pumped in filtered air. Did I go to the extreme yes but did I lose anything no. Fed through a little cut in the top and wiped down collected dust every day.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back