Drilling tank

Jimmerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I drilled my tank everything went perfect until the last bit on the last hole and I wavered just for a split second and it chipped the inside of my tank (wet side). It was a return hole so I flipped my bulk heads (since the outside was perfect) seamed to seal just fine. Filled with water in my garage left it for 2 days not a drop leaked anywhere. But my question is will this be okay with a chip? I’m just slightly worried cause there’s 2 nice size seashell looking chips.

IMG_7338.jpeg

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to tell how much glass depth is left on the seashell chips. I think you should be fine. I would use it if it were mine.

PapaFishRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in doubt, silicone it out.

In general, not on the gasket. Tighten everything up, then run a bead around the bulkhead

Sumbub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PapaFishRocks is right. Silicone the edge of the bulkhead after tightening. Don't overtighten. You can wet your finger and smooth out the silicone against the bulkhead and push it into any slight open edges.

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jimmerz

Jimmerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I planned on siliconing the inside where the chip is. It is the back and in a few months you won’t even see it. I was just wondering if anyone has seen someone or had experience with chips. And will it be okay long term? Or should I start over? It was my first time drilling and I know exactly what I did wrong. Last little bit of the last hole I just let off the trigger thought I was all the way through but I wasn’t

Sumbub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I planned on siliconing the inside where the chip is. It is the back and in a few months you won’t even see it. I was just wondering if anyone has seen someone or had experience with chips. And will it be okay long term? Or should I start over? It was my first time drilling and I know exactly what I did wrong. Last little bit of the last hole I just let off the trigger thought I was all the way through but I wasn’t
I've chipped my previous tank pretty bad. The bulkhead held the water up easily. Ran it for 7 years. Salt creep is the issue. I didn't silicone it and I should've.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back