Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the third I have. The first was doing very good for more than a month - suddenly a day - it did not show up. The next was excellent for a little more than a month - eat great but suddenly one day it was lying in the bottom with signs of some type of injures. It was badly hurt so I pick him/her up. The one I have now is going well - I can see him/her pick up food when I feeding but how know. All of mine have love my clams - lying in them and looking out

Corythoichthys-cf-intestinalis-4.jpg

Corythoichthys-cf-intestinalis.jpg

Let me put it this way - I´m not totally sure that my clams are innocent in this matter.

I had a banded pipefish (Doryrhamphus dactyliophorus for more than 3 years - a week after that my dragon was hurt - he/she was too and died. But the one that is smallest and seems to be most vulnerable - my bluestrip pipefish (Doryrhamphus excisus excisus) just doing well

Sincerely Lasse

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Saltyanimals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the third I have. The first was doing very good for more than a month - suddenly a day - it did not show up. The next was excellent for a little more than a month - eat great but suddenly one day it was lying in the bottom with signs of some type of injures. It was badly hurt so I pick him/her up. The one I have now is going well - I can see him/her pick up food when I feeding but how know. All of mine have love my clams - lying in them and looking out

Let me put it this way - I´m not totally sure that my clams are innocent in this matter.

I had a banded pipefish (Doryrhamphus dactyliophorus for more than 3 years - a week after that my dragon was hurt - he/she was too and died. But the one that is smallest and seems to be most vulnerable - my bluestrip pipefish (Doryrhamphus excisus excisus) just doing well

Sincerely Lasse

ooohhh. You just said something that caught my interest with clams. I did observe that my pipe seem to be missing its snout and was laying near my new 7 in maxima clam that I added 3 days ago. I didn't even make the connection assuming that maybe a CUC got it it first. After your comment, I googled and some search result mentioned that they should not be kept with clams. .... Not sure if there's a connection here, but too coincidental with the addition of the clam, the missing snout and now a dead pipe. ??

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I love my clams (and my pipefish too) - hard nut to crack as we say in Sweden :). But my clams seems to be used of the pipefish - they do not close as fast as they did before.

Sincerely Lasse

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Hanna
Back