• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr. Reef proves he's the best of the best

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

th365thli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a stressful first experience with Dr. Reef. The Regal Angel I ordered had a busted bag, and the fish inside wasn't looking too great. Moreover, it was the wrong kind of Regal. I ordered a yellow belly, but got a grey/blue belly.

Dr. Reef almost instantaneously refunded my order due to the shipping mishaps. Not only that, he went ahead and sent a yellow belly to me for FREE. Regardless if the grey belly would make it or not. That's two Regal angels essentially for free.

The yellow belly arrived today without any issue. I acclimated it, and now several hours later it's already cruising around the tank, picking at rock. It has not gone for frozen yet, but the stress of shipping can cause Regals to not eat, is what he told me.

But wait, that's not all.

The Schooling Bannerfish (Heniochus Diphreutes) I ordered ended up not being the right species. They were Heniochus Acuminatus. I was more than happy with the fish, and they look extremely similar. I decided to let Dr. Reef know because the website still listed Diphreutes (and Diphreutes is supposedly more reef safe, which might matter for customers). Dr. Reef agreed with my assessment and also refunded me the bannerfish.

I was mortified and stressed to him that I wasn't looking for a refund, merely pointing out a common mistake. But he was adamant that I should've got what I ordered.

This is one of, if not, the best vendor customer service I received. It's been a week since my initial order arrived and I'm still in disbelief. Bravo Dr. Reef. You went above and beyond, and earned a longtime customer.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir. We appreciate your kind remarks. I hope both regal thrive well in your tank.
We fixed the issue on the bannerfiah too. Thank you for pointing that out.

Again I am not in this for money. I am in it due to passion I have for the fish and this hobby.

I want my clients to have the best for their money and if we fall short then I don't wanna charge you for it.
Safe reefing

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Extreme Corals
Back