• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr. Reef.....not great experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

th365thli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Red Sea yellow belly Regal Angel and two Red Sea Bannerfish full quarantine.

EDIT:
Dr. Reef responded quickly both here and in email. I'm surprised at how fast the response is, and I appreciate his willingness and quickness to rectify this situation. Hence I retract my original negative recommendation. I can definitely recommend him and his store. Mods you can lock or delete this.

The box was leaking and soaked. I ran down to the basement where my tanks are and opened. Thankfully the two red sea bannerfish were alive. The Regal Angel was in a bad state. It was gasping for air, the water had a lot of waste matter, and it was that bag that was leaking. The heat packs were soaked.

They had delayed shipping due to cold weather which I appreciated. However, they shipped a week later when the overnight temperature from Wed to Thurs was still in the low 40s. I thought that was weird, but I trusted their judgement. I was not pushy at all.

I had a difficult decision to make with the Regal Angel. I decided to just plop it in my 29 gallon connected refugium. My water is 1.025 to 1.026. I just had to get it out of that water, it was clearly in a very stressed state.

Right now it's upright, but I'm not too hopeful. It's pacing with it's head down and tail up.

Finally, the icing on this terrible experience is it's not even a Red Sea yellow belly. It's an Indonesian gray belly. They sent me the wrong kind of Regal Angel, when I paid for one almost a $100 dollars more. And I'm not even sure if it'll make it.

How can I recommend them after this????

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
th365thli

th365thli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5D6DCDD9-F99F-4827-8508-DE0D1FB5524C.png
F73828FD-6A8D-4705-AD48-4D6691D85FDE.jpegB2A42B54-F9F0-4709-9D00-0A657D5300E9.jpeg

I don't want to turn on the lights to take a picture of the angel yet, I want to keep it in the dark to not stress it out. But I will take a picture later showing the gray belly

OP
OP
th365thli

th365thli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a video in the dark. I think it's clear enough it's the wrong kind of Angel. I really hope it makes it, even if it's the wrong kind. But what a bummer even if it makes it and they refund me the difference, it's still not what I specifically ordered. If I wanted a gray belly I could've got one at my lfs weeks ago. And they had a yellow belly as well!

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I explained to you over the email. you can clearly see the box taped over and over. UPS must have damaged the box in shipping we dont tape like that as we have an automatic taping machine that tapes 1 tape on top and 1 on bottom.
Like requested send me pics of the box inside and out so i can file a calim against ups. We also offered to ship you a replacement today but at this point its best we refund you the fish so you can buy your choice of fish at local fish store.

1680190255062.jpeg

Last edited:

Dr. Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your understanding.
We considered it as a doa and will file/claim with UPS but for now we have refunded you the fish. I hope the other 2 bannerfish are doing fine.

1680190493200.png

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
th365thli

th365thli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other two bannerfish are doing well so far.

I'm impressed with your quickness and willingness to rectify the situation. I perhaps jumped the gone on the feedback review. Hopefully other people will see this to your benefit.

I'm so impressed I may just order another Red Sea yellow belly from you guys. Thank you again.

Dr. Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other two bannerfish are doing well so far.

I'm impressed with your quickness and willingness to rectify the situation. I perhaps jumped the gone on the feedback review. Hopefully other people will see this to your benefit.

I'm so impressed I may just order another Red Sea yellow belly from you guys. Thank you again.
LOL no problem I will ship you one on me as a gift. Will ship it next week.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back