• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr. Reef...I had higher expectations

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure it is an anomaly, but my experience with Dr. Reef was not great. The box arrived on time and no damage. Upon opening the styrofoam top, the bags felt warm to the touch. Two Anthius and one Emerald crab survived. Two Emerald crabs were dead...how does that happen?? Lastly, the Foxface was dead and looked horrible; that really saddened me. I reported the DOA and they were very responsive. However, since I placed the order before Christmas, I did not get a 25% discount on my replacement order. So, to replace the DOA items, it cost me $80.77 with shipping. I get that shipping isn't covered by most any vendor, but this situation seemed liked too many heat packs were used or something as the Foxface was in terrible shape. Just my experience and I know lots of people have had very good luck with them.

DOA Dr Reef Fish.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shipping is stressful and sometimes things happen.
Under 40F heat packs can fail according to manufacturer. Lately its been under 30F and each heat pack (according to our experiments) only adds 20 degree of the box compared to ambient. so itf its 30F outside and to bring it to 75-80F we will need 3 heat packs.

OP
OP
SPS2020

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

Wow...you seem overly defensive. The anger and multiple responses seem like an attack. I merely stated what had transpired to the point of my reorder.

3. Please post where you paid $80.77?
Attached is where I was invoiced $80.77 as stated above.

Then you said you wanted to order same doa items and we agreed to replace them and never told you that you had to pay anything. just for clearance here is a copy of your emails to my team.
I asked if I could pay for shipping from the onset and was told I could receive store credit or a refund. See attached.

The zero dollar invoice attached above was done after I already ordered and was invoiced for $80.77. At that point, I placed vendor feedback and was honest.

The ironic thing is that I came back here to say how awesome you guys were for offering to replace everything at no cost. I appreciate the fact that you are a sponsor on more than one forum and what you do.

Attachments

• dr reef invoice.jpg
    dr reef invoice.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 69
  • dr reef email.jpg
    dr reef email.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 69
Nutramar Foods

Dr. Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we misunderstood the entire thing.
When you place an order with the replacement code you received it will not account for shipping nor will it account for the 25% discount code you got.
So thats why for such claims you have to email it to us and we will generate an order for you otherwise it will show much different rates like you are seeing. as its not accounting for everything intnially agreed upon.
I apologize if i came out overly defensive.
In fact I am refundiung you entire order amount and will still send you replacement in a couple of weeks. just to make matter right.

OP
OP
SPS2020

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow...unnecessary and very awesome of you. Yes, I think there was a misunderstanding perhaps on both sides. Again, I really appreciate what you do for the hobby! If you look through some threads, you will see where I have recommended you guys on more than one occasion...although my account name is different on one of the other forums I frequent.

Thanks again and have a nice evening.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Dr. Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...unnecessary and very awesome of you. Yes, I think there was a misunderstanding perhaps on both sides. Again, I really appreciate what you do for the hobby! If you look through some threads, you will see where I have recommended you guys on more than one occasion...although my account name is different on one of the other forums I frequent.

Thanks again and have a nice evening.
I'll be honest, i am under the weather and been on bed for 2 days, i came out harsh, it was not neccessory. Regardless I should have been more professional. Apoplogies again.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FnR
Back